CFL

One of the most entertaining football leagues is the CFL. The games usually come down to the last few plays. It looks like Montreal is the team to beat againg this year. Yet most Americans don't like it. They like there No Fun League better. The CFL has some of the most talented football players too. Mike Pringle only nees 700 more yards for the record for most yards in a career. The QBs are really good too. 2 QBS last year finished with over 5000 yd. passing and 3 had over 30 tds. You don't see stats like that very often for NFL QBs. I just wish more Americans would give the CFL a chance cause they will see how more entertaining CFL football is.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Also to add on, the CFL now appears on many US networks, including NESN, MSG, Empire, Comcast Southeast...in the UK on NASN, and on Fox Sports Middle East!

u think maybe the QBs got stats like that cuz the defense sucks?

Actually it's because the CFL has only 3 downs. Quarterbacks don't get two rushes before having to pass like in the NFL. It's also because the fields are bigger, and that Wide Recievers are faster. CFL is a great league, even if the one game I've been to this year was horrible. :ohwell:

I can't remember if there are any more of the CFL teams still left in the United States.  Can't explain why they would want to put some down here before.  Because nobody cared about it then, and now.  Much like the MLS.

Actually, the MLS is having quite a bit of success and growing nicely as a league. I'm not a soccer fan, but have been to some Rapids game and they make the experience enjoyable.

As for the CFL, I've watched it, it's not bad, just doesn't have the same production quality as the NFL and I can't get into it.

I like the CFL, its a more open game, but saying that the recievers are faster is absurd. If they were faster, and could catch as well as NFL players, they'd be in the NFL. Most, but not all, CFL players are guys that couldn't make it in the NFL, the others are ones that didn't get the chance, like Flutie, and to a certain extent Warren Moon. There are a few that go there for some unknown reason, like Rocket Ismail, but for the most part the talent is of a lower level.

Dosen't the CFL have the rule that a reciever can run towards the line of scrimmage like in Arena Football? That would make them look faster compared to NFL wideouts who have to go from a standing start.

I can't remember if there are any more of the CFL teams still left in the United States.  Can't explain why they would want to put some down here before.  Because nobody cared about it then, and now.  Much like the MLS.

MLS is actually doing nicely and is growing into having a nice cult following.

No CFL teams are left in the U.S. In fact most U.S. cities that got CFL teams were "auditioning" for an NFL team.

Dosen't the CFL have the rule that a reciever can run towards the line of scrimmage like in Arena Football? That would make them look faster compared to NFL wideouts who have to go from a standing start.

Yeah they do. They'vew just started showing CFL games live on NASN in the UK, and I enjoy it. It's much more open, and much more passing. I'd prefer more running, but meh. It's a good alternative, they're more daring with trick plays and making QBs run.

Yea, I've been to a few Montreal games. I love the CFL, but dislike the NFL.

What I hate about a lot of sports is that you have guys with 100 Million dollar contracts and shit. I don't think that the entire expense report for the CFL is 100 Million. I love seeing sports where you know that the players are going to make decent money, but aren't going to be rolling in cash. To me, they're like players of the people lol.

You do know there's a hard salary cap in the NFL right?  They're not overpaid babies like in the rest of the pro sports.

Well there is a difference between making half a million a year to be a third-string quarterback and being the second highest-paid guy in the league making about half a million a year. ;)

I saw some Punt Return highlights on sportscenter's Top 10 and they were amazing. (Y) The thing about it is that it does only have like 9 team :-/.

Which is alot better in my opinon because you don't have talent so spread out and you get to know the players on the other teams better too. Hell in the NFL how often do you play a non-conference opponent? Isn't it like once every 4 years?

Which is alot better in my opinon because you don't have talent so spread out and you get to know the players on the other teams better too. Hell in the NFL how often do you play a non-conference opponent? Isn't it like once every 4 years?

An NFL team plays 4 non-conference teams a year IIRC. Though sometimes it's more.

Edited by damshow

So you dislike a league because it pays it's successful and pays it's athletes more?  That's stupid. 

If you hate it because the rules are different and the action's not paced the same, then fine, but purely because of the money they make is dumb.

What I meant was that with overpaid players they can have a bad season and they don't care, there still going to get paid 10 million dollars for that year and if they get released they go back to their mansions, sports cars and private jets.

When these players who make good money but nothing like 3-4-5 million a year are inclined to play the best they can because if they have a horrible season or two and they get released they go back to their surburban home and minivan.

I just think that a player with a 100 Million dollar contract isn't as inclined to keep trying to better his play as someone who has a 600,000 dollar contract.

I can't get into the CFL, much like I can't get into NFL Europe or the Arena Football League. The level of talent isn't that much better, and sometimes worse than NCAA Football, and I don't feel any allegiance to any specific team, so it's just slightly better than watching a street football game to me :ohwell:

I was a huge Argos fan living in Toronto for those years. I only realized a couple of weeks ago that FSNY shows Friday Night Football. Other then that TSN.ca is pretty much the only way I can follow up on the Argos down here.

I have no problems with the CFL. 3 Downs is fine by me, you see the vertical game a lot more. The larger field opens it up a bit more and the 1 point for a touchback is definitely something the NFL should add in.

There are teams in the NFL that don't play each other for years and that's simply ridiculous.