Faith No More Reunion A Possibility?

tristy

Artisan News Service reports: Mike Patton, currently fronting MONDO CANE and about four other different bands, made his mark in the late '80s, early '90s fronting FAITH NO MORE. It was the band's "The Real Thing" album that created the funk-metal craze, opened the door for the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS brand of funk-rock, and tipped off what would become the nu-metal revolution. Bands as diverse as KORN and the MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES benefitted from their groundbreaking work, with songs like "Epic" and "From Out Of Nowhere". Throw in NIRVANA, and the alternative revolution was born.

Artisan News Service spoke to Mike Patton and asked him if he thought "The Real Thing" would be as influential to music as any album in the last 20 years.

On whether he is aware of "The Real Thing"'s influence:

Patton: "No, but it's not my place to criticize. I just make the music and put it out there. Where it fits in the world, how important it is, how important it isn't is up to people like you. I have nothing to say about it."

On how he remembers his days with FAITH NO MORE:

Patton: "Fondly. They were good years. It was a decade of my life. It was lots of ups and lots of downs, but ultimately that's where I learned my chops and learned the craft and the business."

With "The Real Thing" celebrating 20 years next year, is there a possibility of getting back together with the FAITH NO MORE guys?

Patton: "I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think we would need to reform the band, but maybe there's other things we can do together."

I don't think they'll reform; he's said a few times that it's the only one of "his" bands that's definitely over, and not just "on hiatus", I think it's more that he's expressing a desire to work with the same musicians in the future, but not necessarily on a Faith No More record. And Mike Patton really doesn't strike me as the type to be satisfied with playing a "Greatest Hits" show anyway.