The Black Mages

Benji

It's been over three years since the release of The Skies Above, the Final Fantasy rock album by Nobuo Uematsu's band The Black Mages. Looks like 2008 is a lucky year for Uematsu fans, however, as a new website has been launched for The Black Mages III: Darkness and Starlight.

While the site does not contain a track list, the news it contains is even better: the new album will be released on March 19th. The site also features a teaser in the form of a rockin' version of "Bombing Mission" from Final Fantasy VII, which promises to be one of many great remixes of popular Final Fantasy tracks on the album.

Looking forward to this immensely, I'd love for Nobuo and co. one day to do a double album, one of original tracks and one of FF covers. Can't help but hope he covers a few more Final Fantasy IX songs, I'd love to hear the main theme rocked out for some reason. Edited by Evil Benji

WANT WANT WANT. Bombing Mission would be immense, and I hope for more FFVII goodness and some sprinklings of FFIX. Has he already done "Man With A Machine Gun" from FFVIII? If not, then that as well please Mr. Black Mages sir.

you know, the only other good song from FFVIII >_>

Lies! 'Force Your Way' is greatness!

...Or at least, the Black Mages version is...for about 45 seconds after 2:30 has already passed. :shifty:

One of my favourites has to be 'The Decisive Battle' (FF6). Their version of 'J.E.N.O.V.A', on the other hand, is inferior to the Advent Children version.

Edited by stokeriño

• 1 month later...

Third album: 'tis greatness. :D

Track list for those who are curious:

1. Opening - Bombing Mission (FF7)

2. Neo EXDEATH (FF5)

3. The Extreme (FF8)

4. Assault of the Silver Dragons (FF9)

5. Kurayaminokumo (FF3)

6. Distant Worlds (FF11)

7. Premonition (FF8)

8. Grand Cross (FF9)

9. Darkness and Starlight (FF6)

10. Life ~ in memory of KEITEN ~ (original)

Not many well-known ones, but fuck, it's the Black Mages. Who cares?

Edited by stokeriño

Yes, yes it is.

The Darkness and Starlight track also happens to be over 15 minutes long: i.e., epic. >_>

Not really sure why the FF11 got chosen, it has to be said.

Darkness and Starlight is the extended opera scene from FFVI and is fucking immense and glorious.

Yes, yes it is.

The Darkness and Starlight track also happens to be over 15 minutes long: i.e., epic. >_>

Not really sure why the FF11 got chosen, it has to be said.

Darkness and Starlight is the extended opera scene from FFVI and is fucking immense and glorious.

DO NOT WANT!

HAVE! WILL GIVE!

Wait, that sounds wrong coming from me >_<