The Anime Thread

Ruki

Shonen Jump has now added Bleach - 110 pages of Bleach and no Naruto this month's issue or next month's, which I kind of consider a blessing - and the point in the manga they've started running at ahead of the anime that's been airing on Cartoon Network.

One thing that stunned me:

Ichigo's father is not only a Soul Reaper, but a damn powerful Soul Reaper! He took out a Hollow more powerful than a Menes Grande with one strike!

Just watched the second episode of Genshiken series 2 this morning. The opening sequence (which the first episode didn't have) is an absolutely awesome Mecha/Gundam pisstake. I hope they do a different genre parody for each episode, but I doubt they will. >_>

Shonen Jump has now added Bleach - 110 pages of Bleach and no Naruto this month's issue or next month's, which I kind of consider a blessing - and the point in the manga they've started running at ahead of the anime that's been airing on Cartoon Network.

One thing that stunned me:

Ichigo's father is not only a Soul Reaper, but a damn powerful Soul Reaper! He took out a Hollow more powerful than a Menes Grande with one strike!

Kurosaki Isshin is indeed a huge badass. Enjoy this arc now because eventually it's going to get really really boring.

Browsing through the descriptions of this season's new anime series, this one amused me:

Dragonaut - the Resonance

In order to avoid Earth's impending destruction from an asteroid, the International Solarsystem Development Agency (ISDA) works on the "D-Project", and creates the "Dragonaut" after finding a dragon egg under the ocean. However, they soon find out that the asteroid is not their only threat, as powerful dragon-like creatures appear on Earth. After witnessing a murder by one of the creatures, Jin Kamishina gets involved in the mysteries of the dragons and becomes the chosen pilot of the Dragonaut.

Alright, now let's read that again. :shifty:

In order to avoid Earth's impending destruction from a Third Impact, the organisation of NERV works on Project-E, and creates the Evangelion after finding a fossil (Adam) under Antarctica. However, they soon find out that this not their only threat, as powerful Angel-like creatures appear on Earth. After witnessing an attack by one of the creatures, Shinji Ikari gets involved in the mysteries of the EVAs and becomes the chosen pilot of Evangelion Unit 01.

It's soooo petty I know, but it entertains me at 00:30 in the morning. >_>

Soooo random unrelated note, but Death Note's premiered on Adult Swim. I've half-assedly kept up with it through ANN & wikipedia and it seems interesting enough..

I have to admit, Brad Swalie is a surprisingly good Light. He has the sort of "smug well-to-do prep" voice I always imagined him having when thinking of English dialogue, and it looks like he can also play batshit insane well, which is good because... well. It's Light. Also, the guy who voiced the sleazebag biker was HILARIOUS.

As for Death Note itself, I didn't follow the entire anime but if it's like the manga the first half is fun and then the second half is just kind of okay, really.

It does have EPIC POTATO CHIPS, though. The unintentional comedy factor in the Death Note anime goes to eleven.

From the first episode he seems pretty batshit crazy too. >_>

Yeah, I forgot about the fact that he already starts going cuckoo nutso two thirds of the way through the FIRST EPISODE. Man.

From the first episode he seems pretty batshit crazy too. >_>

Yeah, I forgot about the fact that he already starts going cuckoo nutso two thirds of the way through the FIRST EPISODE. Man.

Yeah, it took less than a minute to go from "OH MY GOD, I KILLED TWO PEOPLE. I TOOK TWO HUMAN LIVES~!" to "I WILL BE THE GOD OF THE NEW WORLD!"

Heh, I look forward to it.

EDIT: Woah, Light's american VA voiced Maxwell in Hamtaro. >_>

Edited by Cloudy

It's kinda odd, the voice they used for Light was actually the voice I used in my head for L when I read the manga... which makes me wonder if the voice of L will be the voice I used in my head for Light. It's also kinda weird seeing Ryuk's face move, in the manga it always looks the same, which I thought added comedy to the series. Anyway, yeah, I thought the show was good, and I look forward to watching it. Until about episode 8, when it should start to suck according to the manga progression. But I look forward to episode 11 when it should get better... until episode 16, when the show'll go completely to shit.

I loved watching the entire series of Death Note sure some characters had a severely reduced role form in the manga (Matt anyone?) But anytime Ryuk is in there especially his reactions to not having any apple's the show was just great not quite happy with the ending but eh what can ya do?

I loved watching the entire series of Death Note sure some characters had a severely reduced role form in the manga (Matt anyone?) But anytime Ryuk is in there especially his reactions to not having any apple's the show was just great not quite happy with the ending but eh what can ya do?

Honestly, Matt did little of significance in the manga either. It's just that the fandom loves him because he's pretty and he smokes, or something.

I thought the series was good the whole way through....although it did drop off a bit in the middle when something happened.

Too lazy for spoilers, so I'm just not gonna say it.....but I'm sure you people can guess.

Also, Burst Angle....any good?