The Anime Thread

Ruki

"Kinda meh" he says... the show was fantastic and the character development was awesome. I care not for your tastes, sir!

Though I have to say that I'd be pissed too if I didn't know that that last episode had an epilogue. All that build-up and the way they ended it, had they not included that bit at the end, would have ruined the ending for me entirely. Absolutely loved how they wrapped things up though.

Also, try Claymore for a dark anime. Lots of action and good pacing, albeit the manga was a fair bit darker than the show. Still though, I definitely enjoyed it and I know a few others here have sang its praises before I believe.

On the first point, like I said Norro, I was sick all day, and was having distractions. I found out about the epilogue from Wikipedia, then promptly reopened the last episode.

I may give Claymore a try later this week; Lucky Star's 24 episodes, so I'll probably have that knocked out by tonight.

But by kinda meh, what I meant was

Taiga started off as a somewhat psychotic bitch, and cooled down. I loved watching her getting super pissed.

Lucky Star? Ugh, I watched the first episode and couldn't do anymore. The fastest I ever stopped watching something? axis hetalia....about 5 minutes in.

Claymore, on the other hand, is a great series.

Lucky Star? Ugh, I watched the first episode and couldn't do anymore. The fastest I ever stopped watching something? axis hetalia....about 5 minutes in.

Eight episodes into Lucky Star, probably going to find something else to watch.....it's just uh....annoying?

Yeah, annoying's the word. This is quite possibly only the second time I've ever wanted to take a frying pan to an anime character, with Konata. (The first was Nunally in Code Geass :shifty: )

Just started watching Dog Days, though only the first episode so far. Not the most out-and-out innovative show there is but I love Ninja Warrior and their ilk so at least the premise amuses me.

Should re-watch Azumanga sometime soon. Been far too long.

I think I lasted about three episodes into Lucky Star. First one was one of the worst episodes of anything I'd seen, second one showed signs of hope, third one was boring. That was around the time I was watching like four or five shows at once (I think most of which I ended up not following anymore for varying reasons; Gurren Lagaan got lost in the shuffle, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's humor unfortunately had some diminishing returns, Darker Than Black had a cliffhanger episode I wasn't into and I just sort of never went back to it).

I think I lasted about three episodes into Lucky Star. First one was one of the worst episodes of anything I'd seen, second one showed signs of hope, third one was boring. That was around the time I was watching like four or five shows at once (I think most of which I ended up not following anymore for varying reasons; Gurren Lagaan got lost in the shuffle, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's humor unfortunately had some diminishing returns, Darker Than Black had a cliffhanger episode I wasn't into and I just sort of never went back to it).

Bad GoGo!

I did have trouble getting into Gurren Lagaan as well. I think I made it eight episodes, though to be fair, a lot of it was background music while I worked on shit for school.

I can also see where Gogo's going with Darker Than Black, since every episode was seemingly a two-parter.

I'm impatiently awaiting the next episode of AnoHana at this point. Goddamnit, that show has got me.

Been watching the second season of The World God Only Knows, which is pretty fun. They're also fleshing out why some of the girls have had powers, how the whole process works ect. so it's been pretty interesting.

Probably going to move onto A-Channel or Steins Gate or Hanasaku Irohu next. If they don't interest me by the second or third episode, I'll find something else.

What is Dog Days about? I think I glanced at a plot summary somewhere but I don't remember it at all.

What is Dog Days about? I think I glanced at a plot summary somewhere but I don't remember it at all.

It's a sort of a magical boy-show I guess, with a pretty cliché "young protagonist gets teleported to fantasy land, is great savior". The world itself though is quite refreshing and their concept of warfare rocks my socks.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished watching Toradora tonight which was absolutely brilliant, went through it in about a week or so.

Can you guys recommend me something to watch? Something similar to Toradora or just pretty much anything else good. I checked first episode of Deadman Wonderland and might catch on it. I don't have much knowledge about shows as the only series i've watched are pretty much only Evangelion, High School Of The Dead, Pokemon, Digimon and i believe i watched School Rumble at some point.

Also there was one i used to watch last year, but stopped after few episodes. Can't remember what the hell it was called. Two guys wanted to do Manga and get it published, the other guy had a crush on some girl and they made a promise to get together only when they get their manga turned to a anime series and she would become a voice actress on it or something like that. Any help?

Edited by The Sandman

Finished watching Toradora tonight which was absolutely brilliant, went through it in about a week or so.

Can you guys recommend me something to watch? Something similar to Toradora or just pretty much anything else good. I checked first episode of Deadman Wonderland and might catch on it. I don't have much knowledge about shows as the only series i've watched are pretty much only Evangelion, High School Of The Dead, Pokemon, Digimon and i believe i watched School Rumble at some point.

Also there was one i used to watch last year, but stopped after few episodes. Can't remember what the hell it was called. Two guys wanted to do Manga and get it published, the other guy had a crush on some girl and they made a promise to get together only when they get their manga turned to a anime series and she would become a voice actress on it or something like that. Any help?

Similar to Toradora:

Ouran High School Host Club

Azumanga Daioh

Lucky Star, though your mileage may vary. Some love it, some don't. I'm with the latter :shifty:

Other good stuff:

Death Note (This one's epic)

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic!

Code Geass

Outlaw Star (my personal favorite)

Lucky Star, though your mileage may vary. Some love it, some don't. I'm with the latter :shifty:

Given that it's little more than a glorified Haruhi Suzumiya Whoring Vessel, it's limited mileage was not too surprising.

Similar to Toradora:

Azumanga Daioh

Other good stuff:

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic!

Code Geass

You say Death Note is epic (not saying it isn't, it's great)....but you don't give the 'epic' tag to FMA or Code Geass? Come on!

Similar to Toradora:

Azumanga Daioh

Other good stuff:

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic!

Code Geass

You say Death Note is epic (not saying it isn't, it's great)....but you don't give the 'epic' tag to FMA or Code Geass? Come on!

Regarding FMA:

Haven't watched all of Brotherhood, since it came across as an expanded version of the first series, and having just watched all of FMA at the time, I didn't feel like going down that road again. Also, Alphonse annoyed me, as did Alex Louis Armstrong :shifty:

Regarding Code Geass

I prefer the darker tone of Death Note; don't get me wrong, in a neutral setting where Outlaw Star doesn't exist, Death Note and Code Geass would be in a battle of for first place, but where Death Note edges out is the fact that Light is convinced he knows what he's doing is good right up until the bitter end; Lelouche basically admits he's a bastard on a quest for revenge, but it's okay because he's doing it against a shitload of other bastards. Also, Code Geass fails chess rules. Code Geass has two really annoying characters (Nunally and Nina) versus Death Note's one (Misa) :shifty:

Similar to Toradora:

Azumanga Daioh

Other good stuff:

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic!

Code Geass

Thanks, i'll be checking on those. Also found the name of the anime i was looking on my earlier post so going to continue that where i left off. Does anyone know will High School Of The Dead continue, i know there was the OVA, but that was just...("Revolution, Revolution!!") that pretty much sums that whole thing up. o_O There's actually going to be a Persona 4 anime coming in the fall, that's definitely something i want to see, if only i remember about it anymore then. All these should keep me busy for a while.

Edited by The Sandman