The Anime Thread

Ruki

Ruki, you didn't watch Space Dandy when we told you to. Why should we watch this? :shifty:

I was one of the first people to watch it on here and I dropped it because it wasn't very good.

I picked it up again because people said it got better.

It didn't get better. At all.

Ruki, you didn't watch Space Dandy when we told you to. Why should we watch this? :shifty:

I was one of the first people to watch it on here and I dropped it because it wasn't very good.

I picked it up again because people said it got better.

It didn't get better. At all.

Ass is all.

I read the NGE manga cause I wanted to read manga. It is a thousand times better at explaining things than the anime.

Echoing SRR here... Death Parade is fucking fantastic. The intro alone is worth watching the show, but the show has done a LOT for only three episodes so far. Love the concept and I love the way the stories come together -- that first episode's ending left me so pissed but it left me wanting more -- and I'm definitely excited to see where it all goes from here.

Echoing SRR here... Death Parade is fucking fantastic. The intro alone is worth watching the show, but the show has done a LOT for only three episodes so far. Love the concept and I love the way the stories come together -- that first episode's ending left me so pissed but it left me wanting more -- and I'm definitely excited to see where it all goes from here.

I'll get around to watching it! I have the first two or three downloaded.

I'm really digging Your Lie In April. Hats off to damshow for telling me about it, if you like stuff like Silver Spoon or Blue Spring Ride you'll like YLIA too.

• Like 1

Your Lie In April gets dark sometimes. I'm on episode 17 - the most recent - and from episode 16:

"Do you want to commit double suicide with me?"

There is a group on youtube dubbing Katawa Shoujo. It's pretty great.

I think a couple of the voices are too similar but the work is still good. They have six 20 minute videos up.

Oh, early to mid 90s anime, your dubbing is so awful :( .

(Watching Tenchi Muyo...)

Also, Death Parade kinda creeped me out tonight, in spite of:

There not being any of the usual Death Parade type antics that normally go on with the show

Oh, early to mid 90s anime, your dubbing is so awful :( .

(Watching Tenchi Muyo...)

I rewatched the OVAs recently (about November - December, maybe, can't remember) and jeez, I believe it's the worst dub I ever heard. It was actually my first time watching it since I bought the OVA DVDs (I had only watched it through... other means), and I'll admit I'm not a fan of dubbing, but I like to sometimes change the audio just to compare the voices and voice acting. I really couldn't believe it was so damn awful, it's even worse than the Portuguese dubs (the first Tenchi show I watched was Tenchi Universe, shown here in Portugal, and it was actually a very good dub, making it the exception to the rule).

Yeah, even though I tend to prefer dubs for the sake of simplicity (I'd rather listen and do things and whatnot if I'm trying to knock a show out), I've found myself having to use the Japanese audio. Sometimes you get a fantastic dub, other times it's completely horrid. In addition, there are some shows that should simply not be dubbed, like Monogatari.

Example: I'm watching the dub of Log Horizon. I literally just heard a reference to Pulp Fiction. No idea if that was part of the original or not, but still, pretty nice.

The, the absolute WORST dub I've heard was.....Bible Black :shifty: . I cannot describe it, it's just something that has to be heard.

• 2 weeks later...