February 2008 Wrestling Graphics Competition

FEBRUARY WRESTLING GRAPHICS COMPETITION

The Rules: The WWE is coming out with a line of WWE-Themed Valentine's Day cards this year. Your job is to mock up a few for them and see how they like them.

The Specifics: Decided to give you guys a bit of fun with this one. Basically, what I want to see you guys do is the front and interior design of three WWE-Themed Valentine's Day cards. You are allowed to give two flat images clearly labeled front and inside, so we'll know which is which. Either is acceptable. The only catch? Try to be creative! Don't just do something quick and cheap... this is a graphic's competition, so research Valentine's Cards in similar genres and look into how they're done.

The Deadline: February 24th

Judging Time Period: February 25th to February 29th

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Photoshop :P

I'll throw together a quick tutorial, one second.

EDIT: ... shit, nevermind, I confused myself.

There's not really a way you're going to get a decent 3D preview of both the front and inside. I was thinking back to the old IMANDIX Coverart things people did for DVDs, but that utilized the front and back, not really the same. My bad. I've amended the write-up after that.

Jesus I'm out of it today x_o

Edited by The Mask of Norro

nice idea... ill try and come up with something, maybe break into the top 3 this month

i predict alot of shawn michales cards though <_<

ooo love the rules. Time to visit hallmark.com for inspiration :) just a question. do you want use to design 3 different cards or jsut the front cover , the inside , and the back cover ?

Just front and inside. The back is rarely ever used, so I just need your designs for front and inside of three different cards.

What ever are you talking about...? >_>

spent most of last night visualizing and researching what I could on cards and such. None of them turned out like I visualized but I'm burnt out lol good luck everyone

Card 1 Front

Card 1 Inside

card 2 front

Cover 2 Inside

Cover 3 Front

Card 3 Inside

Edited by Dochappy

Your card 1 has the inside linked where you meant for the front cover to go, Doc.

Feel free to edit up to the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i had some ideas.. but yeah its harder than i thought... looks like im in second place so far though

:pervert:

here they are

One Front

One Back

Two Front

Two Back

Three Front

Three Back

Not my best work, but yeah like i said i thought it was really hard and just had a crack... at the humour side of things too

Three days 'til deadline... come on people x_o

Well, with only two entrants for the February contest and with the deadline passed... I can pretty much say that there will be no more monthly contests, unfortunately. If there's just not going to be enough interest in this, then I'm not going to bother running it.

THAT BEING SAID. I don't want to rob these opportunities from those of you who actually come in here and participate, so: from now on, I'll be making monthly challenge threads, where basically you're given a set of rules and can make as many graphics off of it as you'd like. No competition, no judges... just a little graphics exercise on a monthly basis, where everyone's invited to join in, critique/rate each other's works, etc.

That'll be starting next month.

Thanks to Dochappy and nufan for at least getting theirs in for this contest. Really appreciate it :)

Well, with only two entrants for the February contest and with the deadline passed... I can pretty much say that there will be no more monthly contests, unfortunately. If there's just not going to be enough interest in this, then I'm not going to bother running it.

THAT BEING SAID. I don't want to rob these opportunities from those of you who actually come in here and participate, so: from now on, I'll be making monthly challenge threads, where basically you're given a set of rules and can make as many graphics off of it as you'd like. No competition, no judges... just a little graphics exercise on a monthly basis, where everyone's invited to join in, critique/rate each other's works, etc.

That'll be starting next month.

Thanks to Dochappy and nufan for at least getting theirs in for this contest. Really appreciate it :)

really disappointing turn out after a lot requested it. Thanks for keeping them up this long Norris and the monthly exercises will be good giving me and other something to do.

Nufan. my favorite of yours is the Warrior card its pretty funny. the text was unreadable on the Hornswoggle card and the hbk card was ok. I don't like the borders on any of them though to be honest. still good job

the warrior card got a chuckle out of me lol

Edited by Docpepper