Official Nascar 08 Season Thread

Vendetta

Daytona 50 probably an hour away, I can't wait. Last year's race was something, a very good one, but disappointing because I wanted a Mark Martin victory.

Even though he's Hendrick, I too am a Dale Earnhardt Jr. fan, and I hope he takes it down.

And I hope for a good last Daytona 500 run for Dale Jarrett.

EDIT: It actually bothers me that Michael Waltrip is a two time Daytona 500 winner, it makes him seem like he is such a better driver than he actually is. Back in the late 90s he was supposed to be one of those future superstars, and if it weren't for the DEI machines, he wouldn't have the three victories he has.

Edited by Red Devil-Taker316

You're right. Michael Waltrip is overrated both because of his last name and because he won at Daytona and Talledega. Both tracks are Super Speedways, which is what DEI's car dominated at. Waltrip was just in the right place at the right time.

As for Junior winning a championship, eh. I'm a Gordon fan. I honestly have been since he first got into the at the time, Winston Cup, because my whole family (and now I) work at DuPont. Dale Junior got hit with the "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality and that's fine. I hope he, Jeff, and Jimmie work well together, as I'm sure they will. I just get frustrated when people keep building up Junior to be a superdriver. His dad was the man. Until Junior proves he can go out there and consistenly win, I just don't see the big deal in him. I know everyone likes him as the sentimental favorite, but he's not his father. The sooner people realize that, the better off Junior will be.

On Michael, he is a good driver, and when he had a good car(2 years at DEI) He was competitive. Not as good as he was suppose to be, but a good driver.

If you think JR was suppose to win with the cars he had the last two or three years then you are crazy. Since Dale Sr died, DEI have went down in performance. And last year was the end are. I agree though, it is put up or shut up for JR now. He has some of the best equipment out there. GO JR.

its weird saying Dale SR because he always hated that, always said that in interviews.

Thank God they have started their Engines, finally.

You're right. Michael Waltrip is overrated both because of his last name and because he won at Daytona and Talledega. Both tracks are Super Speedways, which is what DEI's car dominated at. Waltrip was just in the right place at the right time.

As for Junior winning a championship, eh. I'm a Gordon fan. I honestly have been since he first got into the at the time, Winston Cup, because my whole family (and now I) work at DuPont. Dale Junior got hit with the "If you can't beat them, join them" mentality and that's fine. I hope he, Jeff, and Jimmie work well together, as I'm sure they will. I just get frustrated when people keep building up Junior to be a superdriver. His dad was the man. Until Junior proves he can go out there and consistenly win, I just don't see the big deal in him. I know everyone likes him as the sentimental favorite, but he's not his father. The sooner people realize that, the better off Junior will be.

Mears took to long to try to get up top and go with Tony and Jr. If he gets up there faster, or waits to get behind Jr, they had a hell of a run on that outside. That was the end for Jr because that was his best run that he got in the last 50 or so laps. I have family who are big hendrick fans, so I asked them where the rest of Hendrick was. Bad day for all of Hendrick minus Jr.

Whaaaaaaa? I was just watching SportsCenter about an hour and a half ago and they said the race was postponed until "sometime tomorrow". I guess 1am is still technically "sometime tomorrow" when it's 11PM the previous day, but I was assuming they meant something like Monday afternoon.