Sonic

Benji

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the story behind Sonic, but for some reason, I could never get into the games. I have the first game on the Wii now and I suck so hard at it. Seriously, I'm just terrible :P

Always been a huge Mario and Nintendo fan, but I've also always liked Sonic. He has the better character design in my opinion, and his story is just intriguing as all hell. I do remember as a kid enjoying Sonic and Knuckles though, Knuckles was easier for me to play as. When I saw the "Shadow the Hedghog" game I honestly cringed. Guns? The hell? Still, I love Shadow's character, but the game just threw me right the hell off.

I've got the Wii Sonic game, but I've yet to touch it... anyone played it yet? Is it any good?

Edited by The Mask of Norro

Still though, the whole "Chaos Control" thing is honestly pretty bad ass. I enjoyed that angle.

But WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU GIVE HIM GUNS?!

Still though, the whole "Chaos Control" thing is honestly pretty bad ass. I enjoyed that angle.

But WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU GIVE HIM GUNS?!

To make him different I guess, I don't hate Shadow as much as I let on, I just feel that Knuckles is way cooler when it comes to being the anti-hero of the series.

Incidentally, what is the deal so much with Silver? I haven't played a game with him in.

EDIT: Never mind Wiki'd him, also, this makes me chuckle...

SHORTFUSE.jpg

Shortfuse the Cybernik, the most badass Badnik bar perhaps Metallix, I forgot he was a goofy squirrel inside that suit :lol:

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

playing WFZ made me realise how, when SEGA ran out of ideas, they took Wing Fortess Zone, dolled it up a bit, threw in some indoor sections and new enemies, giving it a new name - yes, the Flying Battery Zone. :P Well I suppose it's not the only pair of levels that are 'similar', but that doesn't make the games any less great of course...

You say this as though you can't draw parallels between most of their levels (e.g. Emerald Hill Zone = Green Hill Zone; Metropolis Zone = Scrap Brain Zone painted in Romulan decor etc. etc.) :shifty:

Labyrinth Zone is sort of meant to be underneath Scrap Brain Zone though. Certainly in the 8 bit version of Sonic 1, it's literally directly below.

Don't ask me where Star Light Zone fits into this picture. It's a weird one. ¬_¬

I loved Sonic the Comic when I was young. I can barely remember anything. I remember there being little comics about other Sega games. And I remember a front cover of Sonic BEFORE he became blue and looked like a pin cushion. And I vaguely remember scenes of weird pirates in Mystic Cave Zone, mass metal carnage across a battlefield and one bit where Sonic went crazy as Super Sonic in a volcano. Is this right?

I had a big collection but moved house unexpectedly in early 1999 and a lot of things changed. A lot of my things were thrown out.

I loved playing as Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. It really hard to pick a favourite map. I liked pretty much all of them except that fucking desert zone with the ghost things.

I got the Sonic Mega Collection for my Gamecube. I still play it more than any other Gamecube game.

Gah all this is making me want to dust off my Sonic Mega Collection Plus, and perhaps even Shadow the Hedgehog for a 'new age' feel. Obviously nothing will beat the original sonic platform game though.

Just interested. How many people played Sonic like the computer and just sprinted forward and jumped and stuff? Or done what I seem to do and stop to collect all the rings and kill all the badniks - liberate the fluffy creatures!

Incidentally, what is the deal so much with Silver? I haven't played a game with him in.

EDIT: Never mind Wiki'd him, also, this makes me chuckle...

SHORTFUSE.jpg

Shortfuse the Cybernik, the most badass Badnik bar perhaps Metallix, I forgot he was a goofy squirrel inside that suit :lol: