Radio's placing of rock shows

IAceI

Why do all the rock, punk, metal stuff have to be on at 3am in the morning?

I mean the metal stuff is a bit creepy to some people, but why do they insist on punk and rock music at stupid o'clock. Just because we don't all love the chart music doesn't mean we're nocturnal. Last time I checked the guys at McVities on night shifts weren't all rockers and punkers, put them on at normal times. Like.. 8pm you can play some more punkier stuff.

Please note that most of this is based off guess work and lack of knowledge. But I was perusing the Radio 1 listings and it said "Punk Show" 2am-4am. I felt the need to vent.

Go.

Radio 1 Rock show- Mon (Well technically Tuesday) 00.00-02.00

Bruce Dickinson on 6 music- Fri 22.00-01.00

XFM Rock show- Sun- 22.00-01.00

They're the ones I know and occasionaly listen to, when I'm in. Yeah, poor ol' Brucey doesn't get much of a look in.

You can always use the listen again feature on the BBC ones.

The radio station I'm on, and the show I will be soon hosting, The Metal Machine, is on from 11PM to 3AM my time.

The reason for this is because our station has done research that shows that people most likely to be listening to college radio at that time of day are mostly metal fans.

The radio station I'm on, and the show I will be soon hosting, The Metal Machine, is on from 11PM to 3AM my time.

The reason for this is because our station has done research that shows that people most likely to be listening to college radio at that time of day are mostly metal fans.

Because people who like metal don't go out?

Actually, at least over here, Monday-Thursday are generally 'student-nights' in bars and clubs, as they're trying to bring up trade when the regular weekend customers (eg. local peoples/out of towners/slags/the occasional students) don't go out.

Edited by YI

Actually, at least over here, Monday-Thursday are generally 'student-nights' in bars and clubs, as they're trying to bring up trade when the regular weekend customers (eg. local peoples/out of towners/slags/the occasional students) don't go out.

We sort of have themed nights during the week, I suppose in a way to promote going out during the week.

Tuesday is rock night, Wednesday is gay night, Thursday is student night, and then the rest of the weekend is to drink yourself silly.

Hang on, you always spend Thursday's telling me about the previous night conquests. :unsure:

No wonder you never mention names.

Edited by Dr. Gazz