NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Your comment about the game being no different with Orton in was just stupidly ignorant, especially given that you yourself said in the next breath that the two guys are 100% different.

And you're either ignorant just to try and take another shot at me, or you simply can't read. If you could read, you'd have seen what that was all about in the next sentence.

But no, you keep dreaming the dream, we'll cancel the rest of the season and anoint Tennesee national champions now.

Funny, I'm not proclaiming anything like that, but rather just giving them credit on the basis of what they're doing and not on the basis of what other teams aren't.

Besides, I can't claim them national champions now because this isn't college football <_<

Anyway, back to the NFL. Holy hell LOL San Francisco last night. Maybe Andy Reid called the play ?

:crying: at Shaun Hill getting hit in the head, and thinking for a moment that he's Brett Farve....

:crying: at Mike Martz running twice up the middle with 20 seconds left in the game and no time outs....

:crying: at the fact that I'm a Niner fan, and am the NFL's version of the Cubs.

...at least I have NFL films to remind myself that we didn't ALWAYS suck nuts....:crying:

Your comment about the game being no different with Orton in was just stupidly ignorant, especially given that you yourself said in the next breath that the two guys are 100% different.

And you're either ignorant just to try and take another shot at me, or you simply can't read. If you could read, you'd have seen what that was all about in the next sentence.

But no, you keep dreaming the dream, we'll cancel the rest of the season and anoint Tennesee national champions now.

Funny, I'm not proclaiming anything like that, but rather just giving them credit on the basis of what they're doing and not on the basis of what other teams aren't.

Besides, I can't claim them national champions now because this isn't college football <_<

Anyway, back to the NFL. Holy hell LOL San Francisco last night. Maybe Andy Reid called the play ?

I think we'd all be better off just ignoring your posts, but I'll try one last time to reason with you. You were operating under the asinine assumption that Tennesee's defence would have behaved exactly the same, no matter the opponent, and failed to take into account the play of a different quarterback against that defense. I'm not proclaiming Kyle Orton as the second coming of Joe Montana or anything, but you seem to be blind to the fact that Chicago were a TD away from OT, and that failed 4th and 4 sealed it. Now, going with your Tennessee acting asolutely identically no matter who's against them, and temporarily being oblivious to the fact that Orton would likely have the Bears in a far better state by this point in the game, the Bears had a far, far greater chance of converting that 4th and 4 with Orton at the helm. Rex did his typical staring at the number one read thing and throwing to him no matter what, whereas Orton has done a fine job all year of seeing the field and finding alternative options.

Now I'm not saying that the Bears would've won the game with Orton, but they stood a far greater chance with him than Grossman, they were far from dominant in any aspect of the game other than the passing game.

Rex has the arm strength to throw the long ball. His accuracy isn't great and he tries to force it too often, though, and as Dragsy said he doesn't check down when the long ball isn't there.

They don't limit Orton to just short throws though, his 7.3 YPA is joint 12th in the league with Donovan McNabb and better than Favre, Roethlisberger, Eli and Peyton. He's thrown more completions over 20+ yards than Favre, Big Ben and Eli as well.

at the fact that I'm a Niner fan, and am the NFL's version of the Cubs.

The Cubs haven't won in forever, and now still at least make the playoffs.

The NFL's version of the Cubs would be Cleveland if they could get into the playoffs more than once every 10-15 years.

at the fact that I'm a Niner fan, and am the NFL's version of the Cubs.

The Cubs haven't won in forever, and now still at least make the playoffs.

The NFL's version of the Cubs would be Cleveland if they could get into the playoffs more than once every 10-15 years.

Yes, an exceptional 208 yards and 3 TDs through four games. He's been out for over a year and from what I heard he's coming back ahead of schedule, which for someone as injury prone as he is, probably isn't a good diea.