NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

I think the city of Cleveland is melting down, if Crennel is the coach for much longer management is risking losing fans. There is no doubt that Quinn had a bad game and if it was because of his bum finger he shouldn't have played period. But if in fact he was pulled because of his "play", that is total bull compared to what we had to put up for half the season with Anderception and he was not once pulled. Braylon Edwards may also currently be the most hated man in Cleveland, it just seems like he doesnt care out there and he easily leads the league in drops. Sorry for the rant but after seeing such high powered offense last year it is just hard to take in the years edition of the Cleveland Browns.

That has to be a record?

Not necessarily. Given how mediocre the rest of the records in the NFC North are, I'd imagine that at some point, there was a team that was eliminated earlier based on the records of other teams as well, winless or not.

Though I also would think that the 76 Buccaneers team may be close regardless.

And Green Demon, last year or no last year, why? I mean, this is the Cleveland Browns we're talking about. After all, until just recently, even the Cardinals showed promise for a year before sucking ass again. :shifty:

Edited by Livid

That has to be a record?
What about Miami from last year? Didn't they lose every game until their last or second last? Playing in the same division as the 18-1 New England, They must have been gone before Thanksgiving.

That has to be a record?
What about Miami from last year? Didn't they lose every game until their last or second last? Playing in the same division as the 18-1 New England, They must have been gone before Thanksgiving.

They couldn't win the division by the time each team completed their 9th game, but there are still the wild cards. If Indy wins tonight that'll eliminate Cincy and KC as well, but Detroit can still make history with just 5 more losses. Those other chumps had to go out and win a game :shifty:

To be fair, outside of the Giants .... I doubt that ANY team in the NFL that has 7 or more wins has played any kind of schedule that isn't riddled with .500 or below teams.

The Steelers have it pretty rough too....Ravens twice, Dallas, Washington, NYG, Indy, San Diego (I don't care what their record says...easily the most unlucky team in football.), and Tennessee

To be fair, outside of the Giants .... I doubt that ANY team in the NFL that has 7 or more wins has played any kind of schedule that isn't riddled with .500 or below teams.

The Steelers have it pretty rough too....Ravens twice, Dallas, Washington, NYG, Indy, San Diego (I don't care what their record says...easily the most unlucky team in football.), and Tennessee

Um, if you don't win, you aren't good. But yeah, the Steelers. So we've got TWO teams out of the so called "good" ones that haven't played a schedule riddled with .500 or below teams.

And I'd argue that Dallas/Wash aren't all THAT good :shifty:

This ain't college, nobody gives a shit if you beat Detroit sixteen teams because you've still got sixteen wins.

Go back into this thread and you will see that that isn't the case.

Also, if you actually knew my stances on this matter, you'd know that I personally don't give a shit who you beat but rather whether or not you beat them.

This ain't college, nobody gives a shit if you beat Detroit sixteen teams because you've still got sixteen wins.

Also, if you actually knew my stances on this matter, you'd know that I personally don't give a shit who you beat but rather whether or not you beat them.

So then why are you arguing the other side? Are you trying to argue the toss again?

And because opinions don't mean jack in pro football, then nobody will care who you beat for the wins. It's pretty simple.

The Colts get no love from me because I've looked ahead. Their schedule plays into EXACTLY what I was talking about with the "top teams beating each other up." Three of their next four are against the Pats/Chargers/Steelers with road trips to Pitt and SD. Oh by the way the newfound offense of the Texans is their other game there. They'll got 2-2 at best which will give them six losses going into the last five games. Oh by the way they end the season with Jacksonvill and Tennessee. Good luck. It's possible very, VERY possible they go 1-3 over the next four and are all but done then and there.

Hey, King...remember this one? :P

The Colts and their four-game winning streak say hi.

:wub:

So then why are you arguing the other side? Are you trying to argue the toss again?

And because opinions don't mean jack in pro football, then nobody will care who you beat for the wins. It's pretty simple.

No, I'm not arguing the other side now, it's called sarcasm. I was merely pointing out that now all of a sudden who these 7+ win teams beat is irrelevent. But earlier in the thread it mattered quite a bit. I'm not the one playing both sides of the coin. Nice try though.

And if nobody cared who you beat for the wins, then discussion forums like these wouldn't have any discussion in them.

And J, you're absolutely right. I didn't see them going 3-1 let alone 4-0 over that stretch. They had some key players that were able to come right back in at a rather high level. I didn't think that would happen. I figured it would take a few games, hence the 2-2 prediction.

No, I'm not arguing the other side now, it's called sarcasm. I was merely pointing out that now all of a sudden who these 7+ win teams beat is irrelevent. But earlier in the thread it mattered quite a bit. I'm not the one playing both sides of the coin. Nice try though.

No it's not irrelevant but as I've said before (sorry, I was going on the assumption you actually read other people's posts properly) you can only beat the teams that your schedule pits you against which is fair enough. To me, all 7+ win teams at the moment are good because it puts them in the playoff hunt and you have to be a good team to make the playoffs.

As for the Titans' opposition argument, I argued their weak schedule as a point against them being the best in the league as so many people said they were. I never said they weren't a good team, I said I didn't think they were the best in the league because of their schedule. There's a difference.

Edited by AD