Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I got chucked out of the Mages' Guild for stealing a horse (one was just standing outside a gate and I jumped on it with no-one around - cunning huh, but then got told it was a Mage's horse and I'd been chucked out of the guild for stealing it - grr)...Now I have to get ridiculous amounts of rare plants to rejoin....Stoopid.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually hate these kind of games with magic and goblins etc but this game is awesome. The game world is so vast and varid it's incredible. The game's full of racist cunts though everybody seems to be prejudice towards a Dark Elf brother <_<.

Edited by BC

Guest deknegt

i bought this game and i started as a imperial with my focus on archery whilst he also is skilled in blades.

so im in the thieves guild.

i did the main story to the point where the heir is back at the priory (because i got told there will be random gates popping up)

i finished the quest of the grave robbers and the copius coinpurse. (where i got a cool sword off the dead graverobber)

and im a brawler in the arena.

but i dont know what i should do now. :huh:

Just do whatever. That's what's great.

Also, don't forget to check your quests window. I can't think of a single quest in the game where that wasn't incredibly helpful throughout and it does not get enough credit.

Get to a town, just talk to everybody you can find to try to get quests, and then go out into the world and head to the green triangles of "Your next location". With any luck you'll stumble across other areas while you're at it.

Guest deknegt

what is a fast way to up sneak?

i wanna be a real assasin like archer.

and what is a good tactic to use in the arena?

i keep getting destroyed by my opponents.

Edited by deknegt

Just sneak everywhere. Especially when going into caves or whatever. Constantly sneak. It increases the skill pretty rapidly.

In the arena I always open up with a couple of arrows before they reach me, then it's change to sword and shield, block, double hit, move, block, double hit, move....Fire off a fireball, shocking touch or whatever then move some more. Try to last without needing to refill health (always make sure you enter a battle full of health).

Doesn't really matter.

Head down into the caves or mines, sneak around and shoot the goblins, skeletons or whatever without being spotted - it gives you the triple bonus of improved sneak, improved shot and a bigger chunk of health knocked off the enemy.

You gain skills without leveling, it's stats that you need to level.

Oh, and if you're starting a character, for the love of god take Armorer as one of your seven choices. Repair hammers aren't really tough to come by, but they're expensive and heavy. Once you get to Master you only need one hammer, and that saves a ton.