Batch Processes In Photoshop Cs2

Today I was bored and decided I liked all the ewr pics to be black an white and on a new background. So I created an action to add a channel mixer adjustment layer to the picture then I merged all layers and sharpened a bit and then saved. I then saved my action.

Went to file - automate and selected batch- chose the action i wanted to use(the action I created) and chose the source folder and destination folder(to be the ewr pic folder)

I can't believe I've never explored this side of Photoshop lol within several minutes all my ewr pics were in black and white and on the background I preferred.

So anyone else experimented with it ?

I've used it with Paint Shop Pro 8 and 9, not Photoshop as of yet, but I might get around to it sooner or later... LOL

Before finding out about the batch process. I always created my action then opened all the pics I needed into photoshop then manually applied the action. with 300 or so pics it would have been a drag lol

I use it all the time at work

We have to run all our photos through actions and convert them to eps before putting them in ads

so if there is a real estate company for instance that has 12 new photos, i will just batch that file with our actions and bobs your uncle they are done.

Also used them for setting pics up for the internet, action was so brilliant it saved the pics back for me as well

Batch is such a good feature

I think nufan and I must have the same job.

I batch shit all the time. Estate Agent photos a plenty at work.

It's in illustrator as well.

We have really old mac formated clip-art discs, and none of the EPS's have previews, so I set up a simple action in Illustrator to resave the EPS's with a preview, whilst maintaining transparancy. I've run a thousand EPS's in a row through that bad boy. Just hit go, go for lunch and come back to watch the last couple go through.