MGS 4 Release Date: June 12?

abundant

Word from Destination PlayStation, a retailers-only conference for all things PlayStation related, is that Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to the PlayStation 3 on June 12, 2008. According to sources there now, the release of Kojima Productions action-stealth game will arrive on a Thursday, oddly enough. Even more interesting is that we're hearing word that Sony will be offering a hardware bundle that features MGS4, an 80GB PlayStation 3 and a DualShock 3 packed-in.

We're checking with Konami for official word on the matter and will update with additional information soon.

http://kotaku.com/360906/metal-gear-solid-...-a-release-date

Edited by abundant

Basically, if this bundle arrives in the UK within 3 months of June 26th (when I get my bonus), it is being bought. Immediately. If they leave it for longer, my money will have been whittled away and the chance will be gone.

...No chance, huh?

Edited by stokeriño

What's the latest word on this going multi-platform? For me this game is the only advantage the PS3 has over my 360 <_<

In early January Konami denied that it would be on the 360, stating that it was going to remain a PS3 exclusive.

The Playstation blog just confirmed the story, with the bundle coming in at a $499 price tag. You'd be a fool to buy a PS3 right now because this bundle is absolutely amazing. You get an 80GB PS3, which is already $499, plus a $60 must own game and $55 DS3. On top of all this news, if you preorder MGS4, you'll get into the multiplayer beta, set to drop in April.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/26/...elease-date-by/

It's officially announced 12th June WORLDWIDE release, which is excellent news for us folk in Europe.

Also, try to get your hands on a preorder pack as it will include beta MGS:Online play as well as DVDs of trailers etc for MGS4 as well as stuff from earlier games. Brilliance.

Eh, turns out I finish on the 20th anyway, which is pretty much when my brother will relinquish control of the game for the first time, the MGS addict he is.

Anyway, Raiden is bad ass in the new one, and also, does anyone else see this bundle they are doing in the US for the release tipping or nearly tipping console war?

Finally, is it true the PS3s are outselling the 360s in the UK?

Oh yeah, two fairly random questions, but hopefully fairly MGS related enough.