Semi-Pro (spoilers)

Benji

Has anyone else been to see it yet? I went into this film having seen a trailer that didn't do it justice. Don't get me wrong, this IS the usual Ferrell stuff, and it ISN'T as good as Anchorman, but this is as close as Ferrell has come. It's not quotable, but I was laughing my arse off in the cinema, it's a shame that people have caught on to Ferrell's "same movie" formula because they'll miss out on a good hour and a half of laughs, not every film has to be something amazing, just something to thoroughly entertain you for an hour and a half, and it does the job.

He has said this is his last sports film for a long while.

I enjoyed the movie. I didn't find it as funny as Talladega Nights or Blades of Glory, but it had some great moments and I liked the story about the Flint Tropics.

Not quite Anchorman or Blades of Glory, but certainly better than Talladega Nights, the least funny comedy I've ever seen.

Loved the bit with the gun and the 'alley oop' stuff near the end.

Is Ferrell tall or is Woody Harrelson a midget?

I didn't think that this was as funny as Anchorman (or even Talladega) but it was pretty entertaining. I'd say it was about as good as Blades of Glory, meaning that there was some really funny bits sprinkled into an alright movie. I saw a preview for Ferrell's upcoming movie called Step Brothers, and I thought that looks pretty funny. John C. Reilly is in it as well, and those two have great chemistry.

I think Semi-Pro was really entertaining. But I don't get all the hate on Talladega Knights, I thought the movie was hilarious, I was cracking up all the way through. I haven't seen anchorman, but it's one of Ferrell's best comedys, if not the best.