Tropic Thunder

Lord Nibbler

Stars Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr., all pictured below:

_1204752665.jpg

Yeah. That's Robert Downey Jr. Oscar nomination for make-up? Tom Cruise is also in it:

cruise-fat.jpg

Plot Outline:

Through a series of freak occurrences, a group of actors shooting a big-budget war movie are forced to become the soldiers they are portraying.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

• 5 months later...

I saw the movie last night and didn't want to create a new thread, but this was fucking hilarious. In terms of movie quality I don't think it was that great but as a comedy holy shit it was amazing. With Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, and Tropic Thunder I think this is one of the best summers for comedy in a very long time.

Two best scenes in the entire movie come from Downey and Cruise.

The Downey Scene:

Asian Kid: Where is your farm!? Downey: HERE'S MY FUCKING FARM!! [unsheathing of double AK's a-blazin]

The Cruise Scene:

[while on phone with terrorists]Well then do take a big step back and FUCK YOURSELF!

May not have gotten either of those verbatum, but God Damn they were hilarious.

Two best scenes in the entire movie come from Downey and Cruise.

The Downey Scene:

Asian Kid: Where is your farm!? Downey: HERE'S MY FUCKING FARM!! [unsheathing of double AK's a-blazin]

IT'S A LEAD FARM MOTHER FUCKER!

I agree that Downey/Cruise stole the movie though. It seemed like every time they were on screen I was laughing at something they did. Oh, and the "trailers" before the movie were fucking hilarious.