Formula One 2008

Katsuya

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massa/Ferrari make a huge mistake at the pitstop!!

Massa drove off with half the fuel pipe attached so he dragged it (and a mechanic) away from the stop and had to pull up at the end of the pit lane and wait for mechanics to run down and pull it down. Took him from 1st, to 18th and last.

The FIA should ban this pit stop system of Ferrari's, it's dangerous as evidenced by the fact they had to take the one mechanic away on a stretcher and it's also dangerous in that that was the second time the car has been released into the path of another, can you imagine what would have happened if there had been contact, with a fuel hose spraying everywhere and a direct connection into Massa's fuel tank? Kablammo!

Fires during re-fueling is nothing new. For example.... Verstappen

VerstappenFire.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Revised 2009 F1 calender

29 March Australia

5 April Malaysia

19 April Bahrain

10 May Spain

24 May Monaco

7 June Turkey

21 June Great Britain

28 June France

12 July Germany

26 July Hungary

23 August Europe (Valencia)

30 August Belgium

13 September Italy

27 September Singapore

11 October Japan

18 October China

1 November Brazil

15 November Abu Dhabi

Turkey has moved from Augest to June, Italy and Belgium have swapped places and Canada has been dropped

Edited by Fry_4000

Judging by how Lewis has responded in the press to his suicidal driving today I do wonder if he now will fuck himself again in the championship. Just make sure you're champion you fool! Don't go crazy and throw everything away. I wish Kubica had won today actually then he could have snuck up and been champion which would have rocked.

Suicidal driving into the first corner of the GP, really fucked up the whole field to be honest - although he didn't hit anyone due to the great reactions of Kimi, or else there would have been a shunt. I am a Hamilton fan, I think he is very talented - but today after that I have no argument with his penalty, dreadful driving. To be fair also Massa could have got off worse, looked VERY intentional to me that he was going to take Hamilton out.

Bourdais' penalty was harsh though, he had the inside line and Massa just closed the door on him.

I was expecting the penalty to go against Massa - especially considering he'd already done pretty much the same thing to Hamilton. Then I remembered he drives for Ferrari and isn't leading the championship standings... so he needed a bit of help.

Agreed, the penalty against Bourdais was pretty ridiculous and was probably just so that Massa could get closer to Hamilton in the Championship. But really, Hamilton's driving at the first corner was extremely stupid and dangerous, he probably should have got a bigger penalty than just a drive through for that, as it buggered up the entire field and ended Coulthard's race immediately and I think, as a result, Glock's as well. I used to be a fan of Hamilton's from when he debuted at Australia last year, but my opinion has completely changed of him since, with the Webber incident at Monza being the straw that broke the camel's back. There's a chance he'll cause a really big accident one day with the way he's currently driving.

Having said that, I'm not a Massa fan either so I really hope Kubica comes and snatches it from them both.

But if we're talking about bias, the British commentators probably take the cake :P

Hamilton had nothing to do with Coulthard's accident, his rear suspension broke and made him lose control of the back end.

The problem is Hamilton is still only 22 and I think his youth works against him and he can sometimes get overexcited and be reckless, mind you, early on in their careers, so were Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Mansell...

Hamilton had nothing to do with Coulthard's accident, his rear suspension broke and made him lose control of the back end.

The problem is Hamilton is still only 22 and I think his youth works against him and he can sometimes get overexcited and be reckless, mind you, early on in their careers, so were Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Mansell...

Ah, my bad. I was only half paying attention and it looked as if he'd gotten tapped from behind. So instead it was just yet another problem for Red Bull <_<

We've already seen this at Bahrain how flimsey the Red Bull car is so it doesn't surprise me something broke. Although I didn't really get a clean shot of the crash so he could have tagged someone slightly. I'm still bemused by Hamilton on this one a few days down the line, I don't get what goes on in his head now.