The Once-A-Week Album

New Damage

I'm sure everyone has that album thats played at least once-a-week. I know I do. Give ratings if you want. Go nuts.

For me, since getting it at about Christmas this year, I've probably listened more like two or three weeks a week on average. That album is none other than the beast that is known as "Badmotorfinger" by Soundgarden.

Holy sweet fecking god. Chris Cornell, I salute you. You too Kim Thayil.

The first time I listened to it, I was hooked by the fourth song (Rusty Cage, Outshined, Slaves & Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose). The rest of the album dipped a little, but was still good. But it's one of those albums that more you hear it, the better that middle part gets.

Track listing:

1. Rusty Cage - who hasn't heard this? Epic. Especially since for ages I thought it ended where it does on GTA:SA, but oh no, it keeps going.

2. Outshined - I had this one already. It's got a great riff/tempo to it, slow but hard.

3. Slaves & Bulldozers - first time I heard it, I HAD to play it again. It was one of those songs that you've never heard, but found yourself singing along too.

4. Jesus Christ Pose - admittedly, I checked this one out on YouTube before hand, and didn't like it much, but in the context of the album, it improved a thousand fold.

5. Face Pollution - this is one of the 'only ok' songs on the album. It fast and quick, over in 2.20. Don't really think of it as a proper song to be honest

6. Somewhere - good song, but a weird bit at the end where a riff is played and fades out, to fade straight back in, then end the song.

7. Searching With My Good Eye Closed - another good song with a good intro featuring a classic Cornell like scream as the words "The Devil Says" are spoken.

8. Room A Thousand Years Wide - Not the best song on the album, but not the worst.

9. Mind Riot - Another song where Cornell's voice prevails to 'save' the song.

10. Drawing Flies - see Face Pollution, though better, had has catchy, pointless lyrics.

11. Holy Water - awesome, awesome, awesome. One of Cornell's best on this album.

12. New Damage - Beginning isn't great, but the chorus is.

Although theres some negative sounding stuff there, it's really one of those albums that has to be kept in album form, if you catch my drift.

Edited by TheModernWay

I don't have an album, but I do have a few songs that always get a play at least once a week.

"Elevator" by Boxcar Racer

"River Below" by Billy Talent

"A Favor House Atlantic" by Coheed and Cambria

"Cochise" by Audioslave

"Asthenia" by blink-182

"The River" by Good Charlotte

"Splash, Turn, Twist" by Jimmy Eat World

"Can't Stop" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Broken Box" by Queens of the Stone Age

"Just Because" by Jane's Addiction

They're the ten most played on my iPod, so, yeah :shifty:

Checking through my 'weekly' lists in 'my thread', and from what I can remember, the following have been played (in their entirety) every week since I started it (start of February)/since I got them;

"Sink Or Swim" by The Gaslight Anthem

"Senior & The Queen EP" by The Gaslight Anthem

"Broken With No Hope" by Mike Hale

"Searching For The Hows And Whys" by Get Cape Wear Cape Fly

"Nothing's Lost" by Styrofoam

"Everything In Transit" by Jack's Mannequin

Gaslight Anthem has been getting a spin basically every week for the best part of a year, the EP came out in January, and has been played weekly since then. Mike Hale came out early February and is my current favourite album of the year. "Get Cape...", whilst I wouldn't say it's probably in my top 5 albums so far (top 10 definately though), it's great to just leave playing, so since I've got it, it's been played once or twice a week for that month. Styrofoam and Jack's are from 2004/2005 respectively, and whilst both amazing albums, they've found themselves being played more recently as I'm anticipating new releases from both artists.

Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge

- I usually listen to at least one or two tracks every single Goddamn day at the moment, and the whole album gets at least one play a week.

Kiuas - The Spirit Of Ukko

- One of my 'walking to work' albums, and thus gets a play regularly. Great album, although by the end it has me in a frenzy, wanting to run into a village and massacre it. :shifty: Luckily, Knowle West is too far away to bother. It's also really hard not to shout "WARRIOR SOUL!" on the bus along with the song. So far I've managed it.

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

- I might not play it quite once a week, but when I do play it, I have to play the whole thing. Playing one song on randomise doesn't seem to work... there's too much awesome.

Avantasia - The Scarecrow

- At the very least, once a week. Last week, nearly once a day... The more I listen to it, the more I like it, and unlike other albums I say that about... this hasn't worn off yet. I'm sure it will, eventually. Otherwise I might have to marry it; is that legal yet?

If we're going for single songs:

Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful [over, and over, and over, and over... I really should listen to the rest of the album more].

Kamelot - Somewhere In Time (The Haunting) [i don't know what it is about the rest of the album, there's too much "meh" in with the awesome I guess. And an overly-large amount of short interludes).

Edited by Farmer Reil