2008 MLB Season

sahyder1

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toronto Blue Jays of Baltimore!

Also, holy fuck Brandon League was awesome today. I'm so happy to see the Jays finally develop a lights out right-hander this year. Although I fear with League being awesome and Downs being a destroyer of men, we'll probably see Carlson traded in the off-season.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I would like to thank the Minnesota Twins' defence for keeping us in the game tonight, and the friendly neighbourhood Snider-man for being the most awesome 20-year-old anywhere.

It's six seasons until arbitration ends. My question is does that mean six seasons from their rookie year, which would mean an appearance like this less than 45 days and 130 at-bats wouldn't cost us a year, or does it mean six years from MLB debut, which would?

I'm pretty sure this stint won't affect his arbitration status.

EDIT - Just did some research. Didn't affect A-Rod among others.

EDIT 2 - And in a game that can clinch them their first winning season ever, the Rays fill half the stadium.

That's really puzzling and I guess it says something about their location. I mean, even when the Marlins were on track to win their division they were filling the entire place up at times and yet nobody seems to give a damn in Tampa.

I'm not sure that's accurate. So far this season they're averaging about 16,000 per game, well below what the stadium holds. In fact, they are averaging more people now they in 03 when they won the World Series (through less games, so probably the WS year will get more people in the end). To clarify, the 03 season they averaged just under 16,100. Their 97 season (another WS year) they averaged almost 30,000. Their opening season they averaged 37,000, something they only got close to their second year.

And of course there was yesterday's reported attendance of around 600, which apparently made the front page of Yahoo Sports.

Baseball season's underway

Well you better get ready for a brand new day.

Hey, Chicago, what do you say

The Cubs are gonna win today.

They're singing ...

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

They got the power, they got the speed

To be the best in the National League

Well this is the year and Cubs are real

So come on down to Wrigley Field

We're singing now ...

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Baseball time is here again

You can catch it all on WGN

So stamp you feet and clap your hands

Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.

You're singing now ...

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

Go, Cubs, go

I didn't realize Halladay had 18 wins this season. He is having a good year, and if the offence had just been a tiny bit better before Cito came back, then Doc would be making the Cy Young race not so easy in the AL.

Edited by Toe

I didn't realize Halladay had 18 wins this season. He is having a good year, and if the offence had just been a tiny bit better before Cito came back, then Doc would be making the Cy Young race not so easy in the AL.

Unfortunately for all of us Cliff Lee is virtually guaranteed the Cy Young instead. Like, seriously, what does he have to do to blow his chances? Even just average starts for the rest of the season won't hurt his numbers enough to knock him down.

Unfortunately for all of us Cliff Lee is virtually guaranteed the Cy Young instead. Like, seriously, what does he have to do to blow his chances? Even just average starts for the rest of the season won't hurt his numbers enough to knock him down.

Injury cutting his season short?

Actually, that probably wouldn't matter at this point. He has been spectacular.