Goal Line Blitz

oldskool

Whoops. Oh well. I put a point into Route Run, 2 into First Step and 3 into Quick Cut. I'll just not put any more points in to those things for a while.

I created a WR today, just because I felt like it. He's only level 4, woo-woo-woo.

Gimme your GLB user name, so I can keep tabs on him.

CloudStrife888

EDIT: Energy refills itself, right? Or is there something I need to do to refill Energy?

Nope, energy refills the next day.

And try not to go heavy on the special abilities, you'll be left with a Level 20-something scrub. We already have a few of those. :shifty:

<_<

Turning it around this season though, 7 sacks already, 5 more than my career total. I've also matched last season's 22 tackles, in 6 fewer games.

I created a WR today, just because I felt like it. He's only level 4, woo-woo-woo.

CloudStrife888

EDIT: Energy refills itself, right? Or is there something I need to do to refill Energy?

And try not to go heavy on the special abilities, you'll be left with a Level 20-something scrub. We already have a few of those. :shifty:

<_<

Turning it around this season though, 7 sacks already, 5 more than my career total. I've also matched last season's 22 tackles, in 6 fewer games.

Actually, that was more a poke at LL, Essa, and my retard stepbrother, who's the agent for our #2 TE. Steel's bringing the fucking pain since going down to #3 DE.

CloudStrife888

<_<

Actually, that was more a poke at LL, Essa, and my retard stepbrother, who's the agent for our #2 TE. Steel's bringing the fucking pain since going down to #3 DE.

Haaaa! Look at him, he's getting special abilities up the ass, he knows not what he's doing!

Yay, I log on to find that I've been released (or my contract expired and I didn't know it).

Both of my players are free agents, if anyone knows a team that could use a blocking FB or a veteran LB, sign them :P

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=81258 - Level 36 LB (been a FA since the start of the season)

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=681477 - Level 27 FB (released today)

Edited by Magus978

I finally got my hands on a piece of AE for my CB that's actually worth something, and I promptly upgraded it to +2 catching, +4 speed and +3 shutdown coverage, bringing my Shutdown Coverage total to 11. Hell yes. I'll probably be upgrading it once more before getting to work on finding a second piece of AE (most likely going to aim for one that boosts Superior Vision or Closing Speed). I have 3 other AE's right now; one which is +3% pass deflect chance/+3 catching, one that is +3% interception chance and one that is +1 jumping catch, though they're all pretty much for experimentation purposes and I'll probably end up getting rid of 'em all relatively soon.

And my DE seems to finally be doing something worthwhile. Over the past 2 games (neither of which were against actual scrubs), he has 2 hurries and 3 sacks. Thank god.

My level 52 FS (just levelled today, yay) will likely be looking for a new home after this season, as will my level 4..6? 47? LB, if anybody knows of a good team that could use 'em. I'd prefer them to start, obviously, but I'm definitely willing to play them as backups if the situation's right.

EDIT - I'll also have an entire o-line, DT and CB available. They're all currently at level 19, and I haven't boosted them yet so expect them to be around level 24 or so by the beginning of next season. I'd prefer to keep the entire o-line in tact but, again, I'm open to other options if the situation's right.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

What sort of intense training should a WR do? Football Launcher Drills? Precision/Possession Catching?

EDIT I did Precision Catching and got this

You had a breakthrough during your last training! You have received an extra bonus to your progress!

Neat.

Edited by Mael Radec

What sort of intense training should a WR do? Football Launcher Drills? Precision/Possession Catching?

EDIT I did Precision Catching and got this

You had a breakthrough during your last training! You have received an extra bonus to your progress!

Neat.

Depends, what are your stats at? To get the most out of your training, try to go for the two lowest skills that are still important for a receiver.

My stats are all kinda even, I guess? I'm only level 5 and my Speed & Agi are 19.33, my Jumping is 20.33, my Catching is 19.33, and my Carrying is 23. So I guess next time I train I'll train for speed/agi/catching.

Also, what's VEXP?

Edited by Mael Radec

My stats are all kinda even, I guess? I'm only level 5 and my Speed & Agi are 19.33, my Jumping is 20.33, my Catching is 19.33, and my Carrying is 23. So I guess next time I train I'll train for speed/agi/catching.

Also, what's VEXP?

All five of those come in quite handy, but speed, agility, and catching will likely be your major needs, with jumping close behind. Carrying helps, but at the same time, you're likely to be going against a lot of CB's who don't train heavy on strength and tackling, the two things that help cause fumbles. So, 23 carrying might get you by for the next several levels.

And for VEXP, see here: http://www.glbwiki.com/index.php?title=Veteran_abilities

Ooh, looks like a roster size limit is being imposed. 55 player limit.

How anyone carries 55 players without having most of them bitch about PT is beyond me. We have 42, and there's still a few guys who don't get enough snaps for my liking.

w00t. My team's on a 2 game win streak, and I'm almost level 8. Will level either after tonight's maintenance or tomorrow's. Awesome.

Also, what's VEXP?

Try to get your speed/agility as high as possible for now, I say. Get yourself fast enough that you won't be completely overwhelmed by defensive backs, and then try to work on your catching/vision/jumping/carrying (in that order). Strength can help prevent fumbles, make you a better blocker on running plays and I'm assuming beat press coverage if Bort ever adds that (here's hoping), but I don't think I'd concern myself with that much at these low levels.

I've been going back and forth between putting points in agility and catching and training catching, agility and speed.