R O L L I N G - F X © Newest Sigs

I've been reading up on some tuts and these are some of my few recent pieces. I even changed my tag to something better.

CARLITO-1.png

===========================

HELMS.png

KHALI.png

MOORE.png

STEINER.png

BATISTA-3.png

RATE -- HATE

I like them, they are getting better as well

only critisisms is it looks like you are stretching some of the pictures, which makes it look odd and also dont use scan lines ALL the time there is only one or two without them, i used to like using them, but they become overused way too much.

maybe try using some effect on the main cut if you bring them above the image

but well done great graphics

I don't like how all the images seem to be sharpened to hell and back. and as nufan stated some of the pics looked stretched. You've got some good ideas and all of them are ok but could use some work

But if we just say the good stuff you'll sit back and think 'wow, I'm awesome' rather than trying to discover new ways to improve your work. You need to read the criticisms you get, understand why people have said these things and use them to develop your graphics into better pieces. Your job is never done as a designer, there's always ways in which you can improve and constructive criticism is one of the best.

That's exactly how I improved, you take the constructive criticism given to you and you roll with it. When I started out here on EWB, rollin, I was a terrible graphic designer. After all these years of designing and continuing to listen to the advice and tips the people on EWB's graphic board gave me, now I'm a professional graphic designer with a college degree. I mean that's one hell of a testimony right there. Funnily enough I can honestly say I owe my graphic design skills to the advice of the designers on EWB.

You take what you're given and you run with it the best you can. You'll get better, you just have to keep pushing yourself to do so. Right now, as you said, you're still new at this, so there will be a lot to pick at-- hell, there always will be. Just take what you're given, and run with it, don't fight against it.

Definitely. You really have to learn how to take constructive criticism or you won't become a better designer especially when you're first starting out because things aren't going to be that great. Mine wasn't, Norro's said his wasn't. I mean, I can't think of a person who could just pick it up and they could, without a doubt, say that they're awesome and have people agree with them. You have the right ideas but you need to keep practicing and perhaps read up on tutorials and practice those and then hopefully incorporate them into your future graphics.

I mean, I've been designing for 6 years now so I've got quite a bit of practice under my belt and I'd like to think that I'm fairly good but I didn't get to where I am today but only listening to positive remarks.

And as someone who goes to school for designing (as does Norro), it's crucial for you to be able to take criticism no matter if it's good or bad, otherwise you'll be eaten alive and probably come as off as arrogant (I know a few like that).

Seriously, Comic Sans as the main font on the Gregory Helms graphic? And why choose a picture where Helms is having a move done to him?

Yet Comic sans would have been a great if it was for the Hurricane.. (pause for laughs) but i do agree it was a silly move putting a pic of him with a move against him. It is as if you just typed in Gregory Helms and for the first 2 pics.

I still like your style and ideas though

Ok, thanks for all the help people. Does anybody know of any tutorial sites that I could go to? Does anybody here make wwe sig tutorials? If they do, could you post them?

My honest advice to you is try to distance yourself from WWE sigs. You are placing too much emphasis on them, and how to create them. It's as if you can't see the forest because of all the trees blocking your view.

Don't look for a tutorial on how to make WWE sigs (there likely isn't one), teach yourself the fundamentals of digital images, how they work, and read up on theories that apply to all images, such as focal points, correct usage of colour, effective use of typography, and so on.

What I am saying is that if you learn the fundamental basics and underlying concepts of what a digital image is, and learn how to use the software you are using, those skills will carry over to any images you make in the future - which may well be WWE sigs.

But you seem to be trying to run before you can walk, and the best advice I could give you is to slow down and take things one step at a time.

Just play around in Photoshop, and when you can honestly say to yourself..."Damn, that looks good", then you are ready to stick to a style for a while. Like someone else said though, keep evolving and take any criticism that anyone gives you. I don't consider myself excellent at graphics design, but the people on here got me into it and I'm slowly improving, and if you take time, and don't worry about 'tags', then you should too.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the first CM Punk one the best, the John Morrison isnt bad

Jason one i dont like coz the left pic is stretched

edge one i'd prefer the main pic of edge bigger

apart from that they are good you have come along way