WWE: The Revolution

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to know how I could actually improve the diary rather than just tell me you have seen better... <_<

Monday 24th May

WWE Announces KOTR Return Plans...

user posted image

World Wrestling Entertainment today made an official announcement that its King of the Ring tournament will be making a return in a new format next month. The King of the Ring Pay-Per-View event itself was cut when the company created split brand PPV's (replaced by RAW's Bad Blood) and talk is that the tournament will now take place on RAW and Smackdown shows in the month of June - the reasons for the PPV itself not being brought back is that WWE are happy with the layout for the current PPV events.

The King of the Ring has been a large part of the company's history with people like Triple H, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Owen Hart all having gone on to greater things after trumphing in the competition.

The way it will work for this year:

First Round:

16 Superstars from RAW will fight in 8 Matches on that show (2 Weeks)

16 Superstars from Smackdown will fight in 8 Matches on that show (2 Weeks)

Second Round:

8 Winning Superstars from RAW will fight in 4 Matches on that show (1 Week)

8 Winning Superstars from Smackdown will fight in 4 Matches on that show (1 Week)

Quarter Finals:

4 Winning Superstars from RAW will fight in 2 Matches on that show (1 Week)

4 Winning Superstars from Smackdown will fight in 2 Matches on that show (1 Week)

Semi-Finals:

2 Winning Superstars from RAW will fight in 1 Match on that show (1 Week)

2 Winning Superstars from Smackdown will fight in 1 Match on that show (1 Week)

Finals:

The two winning RAW and Smackdown superstars will face off live on RAW to crown the 2004 King of the Ring.

It is going to make for a very intresting June indeed!

Edited by TAFKA Castroneves

I would have done that if it wasn't for the fact that the Tournament lasts up to the last week of June and the PPV in June is on the 13th. I can't hold it out to Fully Loaded (still voting) or Summerslam because it is too long. But still the main event spot on RAW can't be too bad can it. Cheers, Tafka

Monday 24th May

RAW and SD! King of the Ring Brackets Announced!

This afternoon WWE decided to reveal to the world the brackets for the KOTR tournament that will run the length of June on both RAW and Smackdown productions.

Firstly here are the RAW brackets:

user posted image

Secondly here are the Smackdown! brackets:

user posted image

The first four KOTR matchups are scheduled for Smackdown's 3rd of June show while RAW will have it's first four KOTR matchups on the 7th.

WWE RAW

Monday 24th May

Pepsi Center – Denver – Colorado

Fireworks exploded around the arena after the WWE introduction video finished and RAW was live from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado. A quick sweep of the fans saw numerous signs and a big crowd in attendance for the show.

Jim Ross: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Monday night RAW! We are live from Denver, Colorado and King we are expecting a top class showing from the RAW talent here tonight!

Jerry Lawler: That’s correct JR, we are going to see many good matches tonight as well as a lot of other things, the main thing to remember however is that we are three weeks away from Bad Blood!

Jim Ross: We already know at Bad Blood Triple H will face Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title but what else will we find out here tonight? It is going to be a top evening of RAW action!

The countdown started up on the titantron before a white wall of pyro signalled the start of Chris Jericho’s music. Y2J when revealed stood with his arms out before turning around and making his way down to the ring, he leaned back on the ropes while standing on the apron before climbing into the ring and waiting for his opponent. “Evolution” by Motorhead cut in over the top of Jericho’s music as the Intercontinental Champion Randy Orton walked out onto the stage with his title in hand. He looked down at Jericho in the ring and held back for a moment before breathing in and heading down the ramp…Once he was in the ring the referee went over the rules with the two men and the match was on.

World Intercontinental Championship

Randy Orton :champion: vs. Chris Jericho

Orton backed away from Jericho’s two attempts at lockups before taking a big breath and going in for the hold. Orton kicked Y2J in the gut and knocked him down into the mat with a right hand, Jericho stared up at his opponent from the mat and proceeded to slap him across the face when he got to his feet. Orton went for another punch and was ducked into a punch from Jericho. The IC champion was whipped off the ropes and nailed with a shoulder charge before being whipped off the ropes again and running under Jericho as he jumped in the air. Orton pulled himself under the bottom rope to the outside of the ring as Jericho was poised in the ring…however Y2J didn’t hang around and slid under the bottom rope with a dropkick to the recuperating Orton. The crowd cheered as Jericho pulled Orton back onto his feet and threw him face-first into the ring steps! He then whipped him across into the barricade! The referee demanded that Jericho got back in the ring so after some words he rolled Orton back into the ring and made the first cover of the match, 1…2…Kick out.

Orton was pulled up and planted with a spinning neckbreaker before Jericho hooked the leg for a second time and scored another two count. The challenger followed that up with a quick ground-based armbar before Orton managed to wriggle his way out of the hold. Orton pulled up Jericho and whipped him off the ropes this time, Orton delivered a back body drop before Jericho got back up and walked into a standing dropkick. He slumped against the ropes after taking that move – but was quickly whipped off the ropes again. Orton had a first clothesline attempt ducked before Y2J sprung forwards onto the middle rope! He bounced back with an elbow to the champions face! Orton collapsed on the mat and Jericho quickly hooked the leg, 1…2…Kick out! That was a close decision. Orton was still down holding his face as Jericho stood up and looked across at the ropes opposite him…he jumped across the ring and went for the lionsault! Countered! Orton shoved his knees into the face of Jericho and rolled him up with the momentum! 1…2…Kick out.

Orton was not happy with the referee and started to shout at him about the speed of his count. After a while he turned around to see Jericho pulling himself up in the corner…he scored a running knee to the side of his opponent! Y2J fell down into the corner and allowed Orton to climb up in front of him and start the ten-punches. 1…2…3…4…5…6…Jericho grabbed Orton! Powerbomb out of the corner! Followed by a second! AND THEN A THIRD POWERBOMB! Jericho fell down and dropped his arm over Orton’s body, 1…2…Shoulder up from the resilient champion! Replays showed that amazing moment from Jericho before revealing the challenger back on his feet. He looked dazed and immediately pulled Orton up into a DDT, that move once again took everything out of both men and the referee started the 10-count. 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…Orton was back on his feet. Moments later Jericho was also back on his feet! Orton signalled it was time for the RKO! Y2J turned around into it! Orton had planted the RKO! 1…2…The count stopped! Jericho had his foot on the bottom rope! The champion could not believe it and immediately headed to the outside of the ring.

Orton slid back into the ring with a steel chair in hand, Jericho pulled himself up on the ropes and turned around…the chair caught him right between the eyes! Orton dropped to his knees after that shot and the referee looked over to the timekeeper…he was ready to call the DQ!...but he stopped! He looked like he was going to disqualify Orton but he changed his mind! The referee shouted at Orton and provided a perfect distraction for Jericho to get back onto his feet. Y2J snuck up behind Orton and delivered his old breakdown finishing move! Jericho hooked the leg! 1…2…3! NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION! Jericho had just defeated Orton and won the Intercontinental Championship!

Winner and NEW World Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho

Jericho was passed the belt as his music exploded into life around the arena. Y2J dropped to his knees and raised the belt above his head before placing it around his waist. Orton just left the ring holding the back of his head…he wasn’t happy. Meanwhile Jericho continued to celebrate in the ring.

Jim Ross: King we have a new Intercontinental Champion!

Jerry Lawler: I can’t believe it! I can’t believe the legend killer lost the match, that Jericho must have cheated JR!

Jim Ross: The way it looked to me it seemed like Orton attempted to cheat Jericho out of the title actually King, but it doesn’t matter because the right man won here tonight in the end.

Jericho was shown making his way to the back as the cameras switched to Terri standing out the back with a smiling Christian.

Christian knows his place

Terri: Christian, last week you had your chance at winning the World Heavyweight Championship but thanks to Triple H you lost the match. What do you have to say about that?

Christian: You know what Terri, Triple H did what he had to do last week to ensure that he got himself a title shot in the future. Hell I would have done the same in his situation.

Terri: So you don’t mind that he screwed you out of the top prize here on RAW?

Christian: Not really because I know Terri that it wasn’t my time to win the belt, I wasn’t ready last week to take over the place at the top of the roster. Triple H has actually done me a favour.

Terri: You said to me before the interview that you had an announcement to make off the topic that I wanted to discuss with you, what is it?

Christian: Well seeing as I was screwed out of the World Title by Triple H…

Terri: You said you didn’t mind about that…

Christian: No I didn’t, but I am going to take advantage of that Terri…its business you wouldn’t understand. But anyways, I went to William Regal and was given an Intercontinental Championship match at Bad Blood against the new champ Chris Jericho.

Terri: Do you have anything to say to Chris Jericho?

Christian: Enjoy your time with the belt Y2J, because there will be a new champion at Bad Blood.

Christian raised a small smug smile before walking off screen, Terri was left looking on as RAW went to a commercial break.

-: Commercial Break :-

“One of a kind” welcomed all the viewers at home back to RAW as Rob Van Dam was making his way down the ramp towards the ring. He stopped to perform his taunts before waiting for his opponent. Evolution’s music hit and Maven walked out onto the stage ready for the match.

Jim Ross: This singles match folks is a result of Maven’s underhanded tactics to help his Evolution buddies during last weeks show. Maven ran down and cost RVD and Booker T the World Tag Team Titles and now Rob Van Dam will get the chance to fight the man who screwed him out of gold.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t see what was underhanded about it last week JR! It was a genius plan from Evolution!

Jim Ross: Tonight Maven doesn’t have the numbers game to hide behind though King, it’s one on one and that’s the way I hope this match will end.

Rob Van Dam vs. Maven

Maven jumped RVD from behind and nailed him into the corner before having his whip across the ring to RVD countered. Maven was thrown into the opposite turnbuckle and Van Dam followed that up with a cartwheel across the ring into a spinning heel kick! Maven was knocked clean over the top rope onto the apron with that attack! The crowd cheered as RVD took a moment out to perform his R-V-D taunt. Maven meanwhile looked visibly frustrated after that and jumped off the apron onto the floor to give himself a time out. The referee reached the count of six before Maven slid back into the ring and ducked under a RVD clothesline attempt. He ran off the opposite ropes and stopped to deliver a forward Russian legsweep. Maven hooked the leg, 1…2…Kick out. Maven went for a headlock only to be flipped over and nailed with a neckbreaker, Van Dam looked over to the corner! It was time already! He climbed up and dove off with the Five Star Frog Splash! 1…2…3! That was a very quick win for RVD over the man who cost him and Booker T the World Tag Team Titles last week!

Winner: Rob Van Dam

RVD quickly exited the ring following his win and headed up the ramp to the back with his arms raised in the air. Meanwhile Maven in the ring was being helped up by the referee following the frog splash that cost him the match…

Cameras switched to backstage action as Chris Benoit could be seen walking down a corridor with his World Heavyweight Championship hanging on his left shoulder.

Jerry Lawler: Here comes Chris Benoit the World Heavyweight Champion, JR is making his way into the ring to interview him right next!

“Whatever” by Our Lady Peace burst into life around the Pepsi Center as Benoit walked out onto the ramp. He looked to both sides of the cheering arena before looking down into the ring and walking in that direction. He walked up the ring steps and taunted on all four of the turnbuckles before heading over to JR who had a microphone.

Jim Ross Interviews Chris Benoit

Jim Ross: Chris Benoit, thanks for coming out here and conducting this interview for us – we know what a hectic and hard week it has been for you…

Chris Benoit: It’s no problem JR but you are right about how this has been a hard week for me as the World Heavyweight Champion…

Benoit paused while looking around the cheering crowd before continuing.

Chris Benoit: I was not happy last week of the result of the match between me and Christian, not to mention the aftermath where the man who made a mockery out of my title defence was given a shot at Bad Blood. Triple H firstly doesn’t deserve at and secondly he just doesn’t seem to get IT JR…he doesn’t seem to understand how holding the championship is an honour for the top man on the roster, and how defending the championship is serious business. He just doesn’t understand what its like to be a true champion and even…a true man.

Jim Ross:…

Chris Benoit: Triple H, I know tonight you got yourself the night off because you didn’t want to face this mad rabid wolverine. You wanted to give me chance to cool down after you made a mockery out of me and my World Heavyweight Title. But it isn’t going to stand Hunter! Because my blood boils every moment I see even a picture of you, every moment I see some of your merchandise around this arena…and every time I hear you name. You are only avoiding the inevitable. I am going to beat you at Bad Blood within an inch of your life…I am going to make you tap out in the crossface…I am going to beat some sense into you, I am going to beat some respect into you.

Chris Benoit: Infact…after I have done all that I am going to make you scream the words “I Quit” down a microphone and seal your own fate…Bad Blood, me and you, I Quit Match!

Jerry Lawler: Wow, it’s going to be an I Quit match at Bad Blood!

Chris Benoit: I guess I’ll be seeing you around Triple H, I can’t imagine having to wait till Bad Blood to get my hands on you…

Benoit left the ring at this point, he had said all he wanted. JR was left standing in the ring as Benoit’s music started to play again.

Jim Ross: There you have it folks, at Bad Blood, live on Pay-Per-View it will be Chris Benoit against Triple H for the World Heavyweight Title…in an I QUIT MATCH!

The Dudley’s music started up at ringside as RAW returned from the commercial break. Bubba and D-Von headed down the ramp towards the ring as JR and the King had some interesting news from during the commercial break.

Jim Ross: Folks we have just received word that our General Manager William Regal did NOT sanction the previously announced I Quit match stipulation for the World Heavyweight Championship match at Bad Blood.

Jerry Lawler: Does that mean that it is a valid stipulation JR? Is it on the contract?

Jim Ross: According to backstage RAW officials the original contract has been modified by an authority… someone who has the power to do so!

Jerry Lawler: Well…if it wasn’t Regal…Who was it?!

Jim Ross: I don’t have a clue King, not a clue, I know all that we all know and that’s it.

By now the Dudley’s opponents La Resistance were also in the ring. The referee called for the bell as it appeared D-Von and Rene Dupree would be starting the match.

Tag Team Match

Dudley Boyz vs. La Resistance

D-Von pulled Dupree into a headlock to begin the match before running off the ropes and releasing the hold. Dupree knocked down D-Von with a shoulder barge and ran off the opposite ropes – straight into a right hand. Dupree got back up and was whipped into his corner, D-Von ran in with a clothesline and was given a cheap shot by Greiner on the apron. He wasn’t hanging around for the reply and dropped down off the side of the ring before D-Von could extract any revenge. Dupree whipped D-Von off the ropes and shoved a knee into his ribs as he came back across the ring, Dupree followed this up by making a cover, 1…2…Bubba broke it up as D-Von also kicked out. The ref told Bubba to get out of the ring and while doing so missed a double clothesline from La Resistance on D-Von! Dupree hooked the leg again and the referee turned around, 1…2…Kick out. D-Von outstretched his hand in an attempt to make the tag to Bubba but was pulled back across the ring away from his partner. Dupree tagged in Greiner and he dropped down an elbow to the back of D-Vons neck. Greiner made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. D-Von was pulled up again for another attack. But he managed to rake Greiner in the eyes! D-Von dived across the ring and tagged in Bubba!

Bubba climbed into the ring and ran straight through Greiner with a clothesline before back body dropping Dupree as he climbed into the ring. The referee attended to Greiner who was down on the mat as Bubba nailed a scoop slam on Dupree – D-Von went to the top rope! WASSSUPP! Dupree took the top rope headbutt and rolled out of the ring holding himself! Greiner was whipped off the ropes and D-Von lifted him up! 3D! The Dudley’s scored the 3D on Greiner and Bubba hooked the leg, 1…2…3! The Dudley Boyz had won this tag team match!

Winners: Dudley Boyz

The Dudley’s celebrated for a short while in the ring as the cameras went backstage where Terri was standing by with “Back Da Black” leader Theodore Long…

Theodore Long Wants Something…

Terri: Theodore R Long, you last week got granted this interview time by RAW GM William Regal and you said yourself you had something very important to say…

Theodore R Long: When I said I wanted an interview playa, I didn’t want it with some whitey and with stupid whitey questions. There’s only one person who can interview Theodore R Long and that’s…Theodore R Long…can you feel me playa?

Back Da Black’s music could be heard playing around the arena as Long looked towards the sound and smiled.

Theodore R Long: That’s a lot beta.

He left a bemused Terri and walked along the backstage area towards the titantron.

Jim Ross: It seems like Teddy Long is coming out here King!

Jerry Lawler: Firstly JR its Theodore R Long and secondly I can’t believe that he would be placed with someone like Terri to have an interview, she may be nice and all but Theodore R Long is a completely different class!

Long climbed into the ring and was passed a microphone by Lillian Garcia.

Theodore R Long: That’s beta playa, now all you people can admire me in person. Now here’s the deal Denver… I have noticed how some whitey is bossing around one man here on RAW and creatin’ a situation where he is a lesser man for it. Martin Luther King fought for us to be equal to whiteys but in this case it seems this man – who is a top wrestler, is second in the packin’ order.

Theodore R Long: I simply want this playa to come out here and join Back Da Black, ‘cause if he does he will be a main event wrestler here on RAW. Back Da Black is where he should be, it is his home. So I want…you Booker T to come out here right now…and shake ma hand and join us brother.

Theodore R Long: Come on Book!

Long waited in the ring for a while before “Can You Dig It…Sucka?” started to play on the titantron and the man in question walked out onto the stage in his normal street clothes.

Jim Ross: This is very odd King, I wonder what Booker’s gonna do.

Jerry Lawler: We all know he is going to do the right thing JR! He is going to shake Theodore R Long’s hand! He is going to join Back Da Black!

Booker climbed into the ring and was applauded by Long who had a smile from ear to ear. Booker looked over at him before he grabbed a microphone and waited for his music to stop.

Booker T:…Tell me you didn’t just say that…Tell me you didn’t just say that. Why would I want to join you? You’re nothing but a big group of racists with the biggest racist being you!

Long looked stunned by these accusations (while the audience went into a stunned silence) and mouthed “no, no, no” to Booker as he paused.

Booker T: There is no way I’m joining your little group Theodore Long…Me and RVD that’s where it’s at brother…

Booker dropped his microphone and went to leave the ring when Mark Henry and Rodney Mack jumped him from behind! They came from nowhere! Booker was whipped off the ropes and Henry pulled him up onto his shoulders before releasing a Samoan Drop as Mack grabbed the neck for a neckbreaker! It was a vicious double team move! Long quickly left the ring as RVD then ran down the ramp and stormed the ring to save his tag partner from further brutality. The Back Da Black group backed up the ramp with Booker still down in the ring hurt…a staredown ensued between RVD and Long as RAW went to a break.

On returning from the break HBK’s music started to play around the arena. The crowd cheered and several isolated chants of “HBK” could be heard as Shawn Michaels himself walked out onto the stage. He pointed out to the different sides of the crowd and made his way down the ramp into the ring.

Jim Ross: That was a vicious attack from Back Da Black on Booker T just then folks, and during the break William Regal made it so that the two teams will face off next week in a tag team match.

Jerry Lawler: Looks like Back Da Black will have to prove to Booker how they are better than RVD in the ring, and I am sure they will JR.

Jim Ross: Anyways moving on Shawn Michaels will meet Matt Hardy’s MFer Shannon Moore now folks.

Michaels posed in the ring as the clicking sound introduced Shannon Moore’s music. Hardy followed out his Mattitude Follower down to the ring and gave him a pep talk on the outside before Moore climbed into the ring and jumped HBK from behind to get the match underway.

Shawn Michaels vs. Shannon Moore

HBK was knocked against the ropes from behind with two axe handles before Moore nailed him with some right hands. He then took a step back and made the Version 1 taunt and gave Michaels the chance to grab him and pull him into the corner. Michaels nailed some punches of his own and whipped Moore across the ring before allowing him to drop face-first into the mat after the impact. He then pointed to Hardy on the outside of the ring as he pulled up Moore and whipped him off the ropes into a sidebuster. 1…2…Kick out. Michaels stepped back in the corner and started to bang his foot! It was time! Sweet Chin Music to Moore! 1…2…3! The match was over and Hardy looked pissed on the outside of the ring.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

HBK’s music started up as Michaels himself taunted all around the ring. After climbing the turnbuckles a few times he stopped by Moore’s body and kicked it out of the ring towards Hardy…he looked more enraged and snatched Lillian Garcia’s microphone…

Hardy Sets the Challenge

Matt Hardy: CUT HIS MUSIC! (music stops) That’s it! I’ve had enough Shawn! You are making a mockery of the very existence of VERSION 1! If you want to continue making a mockery of me through my followers here in Denver, Colorado (draws some cheers). Did I say you people could cheer!!!! (draws boos) Then me and you are going to have to settle this in the ring! ME and YOU, Bad Blood Michaels. Go break your heart over that one! I am going to prove to you how I am better than you, how Mattitude is better than you!

HBK stood in the ring and mouthed “it’s on” as Hardy helped his Mattitude follower Shannon Moore up the ramp and to the backstage area.

Jim Ross: So there you go folks, it’s official. At Bad Blood Shawn Michaels will face Matt Hardy Version 1 in a match!

Jerry Lawler: HBK does not know what he has let himself in for JR, Mattitude shall without a doubt shine through at Bad Blood.

The cameras went backstage where Terri was shown running after the Rock – who was heading towards the ring in his wrestling attire.

Terri: Rock! Rock!

Rock stopped and turned to Terri.

The Rock: Terri, that’s not the first time the Rock has heard you screaming his name! What can the Rock do for you?

Terri: Rock I was just wondering who your mystery partner is tonight for your tag team match against Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak.

The Rock: Well firstly let the Rock get this out of the way…Finally the Rock, has come back! To Denver! (cheers) Well let the Rock comment on Jindrak and Cade. You see Terri the people don’t know who the hell these two ass backward jabronis are! They say how they don’t need no introductions but the truth is that no one wants them to be introduced! They have some bull crap about being higher than authority and getting what they want and making names for themselves but no! You see the truth is Terri they are only acting this way to cover their…insecurities. Just remember guys, size doesn’t matter…(smirks). The fact they also don’t like pie pisses the Rock off, you know Terri, actually the Rock knows how much you like your…pie…

Terri became all flushed as Rock smiled.

The Rock: But on to the Rock’s mystery partner Terri and away from your pie, let the Rock say that this man is one of the greatest men to have ever graced the squared circle…one of the most charismatic superstars ever in sports entertainment! But the Rock isn’t going to ruin a good surprise…if you smellllllowwww…what the Rock is cookin’ (raises eyebrow).

Jim Ross: Well the Rock isn’t telling us who the mystery man is! we shall have to wait and see for ourselves next!

Jindrak and Cade’s music fired up into life as Lillian Garcia announced the match and the stipulations in the ring. Cade led out Jindrak and the two men banged fists together on the stage before making their way down the ramp. Cade threatened to hit some guy in the crowd who was shouting at him as Jindrak slid into the ring and taunted on the turnbuckles. When both men were in the ring the camera panned around the crowd until…”IF YOU SMELLLLLL, WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!” hit and the Rock strolled out onto the stage with a new remix of his music. The majority of the remix theme was his original theme (2000) while there were some bits from his more recent one also. Rock climbed through the ropes and into the ring where he climbed the turnbuckles and raised his arm in the air. After a lot of taunting he remained on a turnbuckle and turned to face the titantron…there was a lengthy silence before…SMASH! Disturbed’s “Glass Shatters” theme hit and the crowd went wild as STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN walked out from behind the curtain!

Jerry Lawler: Oh my God! He’s back JR! He’s here!

Jim Ross: Stone Cold Steve Austin is back folks! He’s been missing from RAW for a while but the Texas Rattlesnake is back and he is the Rock’s partner!

Austin pulled himself up onto the apron and climbed into the ring, he glanced over at Rock briefly before removing his Austin 3:16 vest and raising his wrist to his ear. After a few seconds of doing that he sprung into life and started to beat the crap out of Jindrak! Rock started to nail Cade as the match got underway!

Tag Team Match

:- If Cade and Jindrak win they are no longer suspended, if they lose they are fired!

Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade vs. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin

Austin nailed Jindrak up against the ropes with right hands before whipping him across the ring and scoring with a Lou Thez Press! He delivered some more punches to the face before the attention was turned to Rock who delivered the Smackdown to Cade, the last punch knocked him clean over the top rope to the outside! Jindrak staggered around in the ring and Austin grabbed him around the neck for a Stunner! Jindrak though was quick and quickly escaped the hold and slid to the outside of the ring before he could be nailed with the move. Austin was told to get back in the corner by the referee and after a while he did so, this left Rock looking to the outside of the ring where Cade and Jindrak were having a lengthy discussion. Rock eventually had seen enough and slid to the outside, he grabbed Cade and threw him into the ring steps before he rolled Jindrak back into the ring. Rock nailed some more punches on his opponent before whipping him across the ropes and having his clothesline attempt ducked. Jindrak came off the opposite ropes with a thunderous big boot to the jaw! Rock crashed into the mat and Jindrak seemed very impressed with that move – he even attempted to raise his eyebrow like the Rock before he was grabbed by the People’s Champion and rolled up from nowhere! 1…2…Kick out.

Jindrak got back onto his feet first and scored with a standing dropkick to Rock before whipping him off the ropes and planting a snap suplex! Jindrak made the cover, 1…2…Kick out. Rock was pulled up into a headlock as Cade was tagged into the contest. He climbed into the ring and scored with some kicks to the Rock’s stomach before Jindrak climbed out of the ring onto the apron. Cade whipped Rock off the ropes but couldn’t connect with a punch as Rock sidestepped him and planted a massive DDT! Both men were out of the game after that decisive DDT and Austin started to stamp down on the apron to get Rock’s attention as the crowd clapped along. Rock pulled himself across the mat towards his partner as Cade got up and locked in an ankle lock! Rock’s pain was evident on his face as Cade applied the hold harder and harder…eventually the People’s Champion (who looked like he was fading earlier in the hold) managed to build up his energy and kick Cade off! He collided with the referee though and knocked the referee clean out! Rock, Cade and the referee were down in the ring when someone was seen running down from the back!

It was Randy Orton! He slid into the ring and gave the Rock the RKO just as he got onto his feet! Austin jumped into the ring and gave Orton the stunner! He rolled under the bottom rope as Austin then gave Cade a stunner! Cade hit the mat and Jindrak was now in the ring! He looked for a way to escape when he realised he was all alone but got a stunner also! The third stunner in a row! Austin made the cover and pulled the knocked out referee over to the pin. He raised the refs arm! 1…2…3! Austin had made the count for the referee and had won the match, the bell was rung by the timekeeper and his music started up. The decision stood, Rock and Austin had won!

Winners: The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin

Jerry Lawler: He can’t do that JR! That’s not fair!

Jim Ross: There’s no doubt he can do it, and he just did King, Jindrak and Cade played with fire and they tonight have sustained third degree burns from it, they are fired!

Austin celebrated on the turnbuckles opposite Rock as Jindrak and Cade both rolled out of the ring and headed up the ramp disgruntled – they were fired. Meanwhile Orton stayed on the outside of the ring…he continued to watch Rock as the music stopped playing and Austin took a microphone.

It All Makes Sense…

Stone Cold Steve Austin: You people here in Denver have just seen the last of those two little bastards. But I want to let you guys know something…that good ol’ STONE COLD is back!

Austin paused for a minute as an “Austin” crowd broke out around the Pepsi Center.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Stone Cold appreciates that Denver, but it’s all about business for the moment because I am not just back to kick ass left right and center. Oh no, Stone Cold has got more power than to just beat the living hell out of people. William Regal I hope your watchin’ in the back because by order of the CEO of WWE Linda McMahon I am now a CO GENERAL MANAGER OF RAW AGAIN!

Jerry Lawler: WHAT?!

Jim Ross: Hell yeah, Austin is back as Co GM of RAW!

Stone Cold Steve Austin: So if you are wondering William Regal who made the I Quit match at Bad Blood between Chris Benoit and Triple H…it was me! That’s not to mention there is a punk standing on the outside of this ring now who is from this moment now in a match at Bad Blood (points to Orton). Randy Orton, you will be facing…the People’s Champion, the Rock at Bad Blood!

Orton looked pissed, he shouted “no” as Rock smiled in the ring.

Jim Ross: Its official folks, the Rock and Randy Orton at Bad Blood!

The Problems Continue for Orton

Stone Cold Steve Austin: But your problems don’t end there Randy Orton because you will be fighting here on RAW next week. You will next week be facing the toughest challenge of your career here in the WWE when you meet, one one one, in singles action…STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!

Orton fell to his knees on the outside of the ring after that announcement, he held his head in his hands and was half crying after that announcement.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE…WHAT?! CAUSE’ STONE COLD SAID SO!

Austin’s music fired back up into life again as he called for some beers from the timekeepers table. He was thrown three and he had two for himself and one for Rock. Both men opened the beers up and toasted before celebrating on the turnbuckles as RAW came to its conclusion…

Monday 24th May

WWE RAW Ratings

Segment 1: Overall Rating: 82% - Crowd Reaction: 86% - Match Quality: 76% - **1/2

Segment 2: Overall Rating: 80%

Segment 3: Overall Rating: 76% - Crowd Reaction: 75% - Match Quality: 77% - **1/2

Segment 4: Overall Rating: 67%

Segment 5: Overall Rating: 70% - Crowd Reaction: 74% - Match Quality: 63% - *

Segment 6: Overall Rating: 80%

Segment 7: Overall Rating: 62% - Crowd Reaction: 58% - Match Quality: 67% - *

Segment 8: Overall Rating: 79%

Segment 9: Overall Rating: 77% - Crowd Reaction: 74% - Match Quality: 81% - **3/4

Segment 10: Overall Rating: 84%

Segment 11: Overall Rating: 76%

Overall Rating: 75%

Rating: 5.98

Attendance: 8,008

Ticket Sales: $320,320

Current Bad Blood Card:

World Heavyweight Championship - I Quit Match

Chris Benoit :champion: vs. Triple H

The Rock vs. Randy Orton

Shawn Michaels vs. Matt Hardy Version 1.0

Chris Jericho :champion: vs. Christian

Guest y2gudge

What a last Raw there - the announcement of the I Quit Match, a new IC Champ and Stone Cold hath returneth!! :D

Bad Blood is shaping up well and I'm especially looking forward to HBK/V1 & Benoit/HHH...

*y2gudge*

Tuesday 25th May

WWE Character News + Rumors

Rumors have been circulating over the past week or so that some of the current day WWE superstars could be returning to original gimmicks that they have had in the past in the near future. A prime confirmed example would be Rikishi who after turning heel last week on Smackdown is set to make his return as the "Bad Man" character that was invovled in the Austin being rundown angle. Other superstars who could be returning to past gimmicks according to rumors could be: Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle and the Undertaker (when he returns). We will see in upcoming WWE programming if these rumors actually come to light as reality.

WWE RAW Preview

RAW next week will see two massive main event matches by order of new Co-General Manager Stone Cold Steve Austin... Austin himself will square off in singles action against Evolution's Randy Orton while the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit will meet Ric Flair in a Non-Championship match!

Last week Booker T turned down Theodore R Long's offer of joining the Back Da Black crew and was assaulted by the duo of Rodney Mack and Mark Henry following this. They planted him with a horrific double team neckbreaker/samoan drop (called the Back Factor) and if it wasn't for RVD making the save we could have seen the end of Booker's career...

This week the two teams will meet in regular tag team action and Booker T has sweared he will get his hands on Theodore Long...

RAW is going to be explosive this week!

Confirmed Matches

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Randy Orton

Non-Championship Match

Chris Benoit vs. Ric Flair

Tag Team Match

Booker T and Rob Van Dam vs. Back Da Black

Tuesday 25th May

Spike TV Extends RAW Deal

WWE's RAW show has had its contract extended by Spike TV after the decent ratings the show has been scoring over the last couple of months. The extension means that RAW shall be shown for another three months minimum on the network. WWE owner Vince McMahon is said to be happy about gaining the contract extension and talk is that if the ratings continue to do as well as they are on Spike TV a longer term contract will be offered on new renewal.

Wednesday 26th May

WWE Your Vote Counts Results!

Earlier this month WWE ran an online internet poll, with the question being...

What should the Smackdown brand July Pay-Per-View be named?

1) Fully Loaded

2) Breakdown

3) Vengeance

The results are in! And we can reveal that the Smackdown brand PPV in July shall be named...Fully Loaded.

Here are the full results:

Fully Loaded - 4 Votes

Breakdown - 2 Votes

Vengeance - 1 Vote

Thank you for your votes and look out in future for other polls that can aid us to taylor our product to your liking. Thanks again,

WWE Staff

Well guys this diary has finally stumbled to its end. It's been fun writing it for six months and over two EWR boards but I finally have just lost all intrest in continuing this work.

Thanks to all the guys who read the Revolution and expect a new project in the future from me, something different (if i can think of something good enough <_< ).

Anyways to finish off this diary there is a special "behind the Revolution" post being created as you speak, it shall highlight what the future held, the reasoning behind the angles I ran and an overall reflection of the diary.

Cheers - Tafka Castroneves

Behind the Revolution…

A in-depth look at the Revolution…

Welcome to behind the Revolution, I am your host and writer for this entire production Tom Smith…During this show we shall have chance to see things that were not originally for the audience’s eyes…

First off lets have a peak at what the world of Pay-Per-View had to offer us over the next few months or so…bearing in mind that a lot of the cards were not booked while others were.

WWE Bad Blood

Sunday 13th June 2004

Live! On Pay-Per-View!

Card:

World Heavyweight Championship – I Quit Match

Chris Benoit :champion: vs. Triple H

Randy Orton vs. The Rock

Shawn Michaels vs. Matt Hardy Version 1.0

No Holds Barred Tag Team Match

Booker T and Rob Van Dam vs. Rodney Mack and Mark Henry

World Tag Team Championship – 3 Team Elimination Match

Batista and Ric Flair :champions: vs. Dudley Boyz  vs. Jindrak and Cade

Chris Jericho :champion: vs. Christian

Scott Steiner vs. Maven

World Women’s Championship

Victoria :champion: vs. Molly Holly

Winners:

Chris Benoit,

Randy Orton,

Shawn Michaels,

Rodney Mack and Mark Henry

Batista and Ric Flair

Christian

Maven

Molly Holly

It looked like you had some great ideas in your head and i guess i speak for a lot of people when i say it was a great diary and too bad you did not want to continue it. Good Luck in your future projects and by the way the one thing you forgot to mention is who won the KOTR Tournament .

Good point Blade and thanks for your comments, Chavo Guerrero would have gone on to win the King of the Ring tournament and would have thus "overcome his brain injuries" to do it - like overcoming all the odds to get what he wants. Triple H would have got to the final on the RAW roster to make the win even greater for Chavo. And to clear it up Chavo would have been the WWE Champion in my diary at one point.

Hope that answers your question man, thanks.

• 1 year later...