GI Joe film

MalaCloudy Black

Ten years in the future, the G.I. Joe team battles the evil Cobra Organization, run by a Scottish arms dealer. The story takes place across the Arctic, Paris, Moscow, Washington, D.C., Australia and the Sahara. The team will be based in the Pit, while it was indicated Cobra Island will appear. In terms of characterization, the focus will be on Scarlett and the Baroness's romantic lives.

The film also acts as an origin story for many of the characters. Stephen Sommers said, "For people who know nothing about it, it'll make sense. And to people who love this stuff, it'll show where they all came from."

I don't know if the plot's changed any or what, but last I heard of this film (last August) GI Joe was going to be an acronym and the team would be quote "A Brussels based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity". I'm fairly certain I made a topic about it last fall on EWB but I went back to August 2007's posts and couldn't find it, so whatever. Here's a look at some of the characters:

http://themovingpicture.net/a-gi-joe-explo...haracter-photos

Look at 'em while you can, themovingpicture snagged them off What Would Tyler Durden Do? and Paramount's already requested WWTDD take the photos down.

Having seen the pictures, and read the plotline, this movie is going to suck balls. One, no more 'Real American Heroes', and two, they've stripped all the uniqueness out of the Joe's. The Rock's going to be in it, but its still going to suck, because it seems like only Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow got unique outfits.

It has the potential to be pretty good, but then again it could go the other way. There aren't many details out yet so I'm going to hold onto my opinion until I at least see the trailer

# "Star Trek: Voyager" .... The Champion (1 episode, 2000)

Cool. Second weirdest wrestler cameo I've heard of (the first is RVD in an episode of the X-Files)

He was some sort of alien gladiator. Beat the shit out of Seven of Nine, finished with the Rock Bottom and left raising the eyebrow.

RVD was also on V.I.P. where he was some crazy weed smoking ex military special ops soldier hiding out in the woods causing a ruckus... Yeah...

I'm actually looking forward to this movie. Mainly since I've dreamed about a live action Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow showdown for ages. A lot of the casting seems to be decent enough as well. I'm not fussed over the "not real American" mumbo jumbo since I never cared as a kid (I just saw the show and comics as cool good guys taking on cool bad guys). The costumes though decent are rather generic looking. I don't see why people can't have unique appearances to match their comic/cartoon counterparts... It is fantasy after all, it doesn't have to 100% in line with reality.

# "Star Trek: Voyager" .... The Champion (1 episode, 2000)

Cool. Second weirdest wrestler cameo I've heard of (the first is RVD in an episode of the X-Files)

The Rock on Voyager pretty much just played himself. Was fucking pimp though.

I think his name was Tsunkatse.

Edit: Wrong. Tsunkatse was the sport. My bad.