Feeder Announce New Album Title (And More)

Benji

Feeder are set to return with a new single and full-length studio album.

The London-based three-piece will release Silent Cry, their follow-up to 2004's Pushing The Senses on June 16. It will be preceded by a single, We Are The People a week earlier through Echo.

"Silent Cry has a really big sound," vocalist/guitarist Grant Nicholas tells Kerrang!. "It's back to the heavy guitar stuff of our earlier work. We didn't have any plans to make a more 'rock' record, we just did what came naturally - and we love big guitars and melodies are very important."

According to Nicholas, the new single is a rousing "call to arms, in a positive way".

"It's about how the world has changed so much," he explains. "It touches on politics and wars and things that have affected me in a personal way. I think it's a powerful song."

The album was produced by Nicholas at the London Crypt studios - with strings added at the legendary Beatles Room at Abbey Road.

"There was a really good vibe in the studio," Nicholas smiles. "It was a really nice process and was done in a very organic way. There are no sample drums on there, and we experimented with keyboards for a little '80s flavour in places, and strings and other moods too. This album feels right for us."

Taking this more stripped-down, natural approach helped keep things exciting for the band that first began in 1992.

"We've been around for a while now, and it's nice to still feel like we have a fresh record and that we're still a fresh band," says the singer. "There's a very good vibe in the group, and we feel like we've made a good record. Now we just hope that everyone else agrees with us!"

I look forward to hearing it, Feeder are a band I always forget about for a while before realising they're awesome for an extended period of time, every album has some awesome tracks and I don't doubt this'll be the same. Roll on June 16th.

I love their earlier stuff, indeed I own Swim (plus the re-release from 2000), Polythene, Yesterday Went Too Soon, Another Yesterday (Japanese only import with unreleased songs) and then Echo Park. I stopped after that as I didn't enjoy the way their music was going with the introspective sounds (and the death of Jon). This could be an interesting return to what I would call "form".