Random Characters *possible spoilers*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow i've saved both of them, any others i should save? to get this achievment

Every time you get the choose to let someone live or die, let them live because they'll become a random character that gives you missions.

Son of a... I guess that'll teach me for being so trigger happy

Edited by If_You_Wanna_Be_The_Man

Read elsewhere that the randoms don't count towards 100% and they don't affect the achievement so...wait and see, I guess.

No More Strangers - Meet all random characters - 5 points

Yeah, I can read the achievement description thanks. All I said was I read on another forum that apparently the ones you kill are dead so they no longer count towards the achievement, so maybe they do, maybe they don't o_O

Has anyone done all the "Jeff" missions? There are two and ahalf with this guy who thinks his wife is cheeting on him, Its funny as hell.

Read elsewhere that the randoms don't count towards 100% and they don't affect the achievement so...wait and see, I guess.

No More Strangers - Meet all random characters - 5 points

Yeah, I can read the achievement description thanks. All I said was I read on another forum that apparently the ones you kill are dead so they no longer count towards the achievement, so maybe they do, maybe they don't o_O

Next time be more specific. <_<

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that those randoms count for the achievement. There's only 3 of them.

As far as attaining 100%, I think it will affect it. Just like how if you killed Kenji Kasen before completing his missions in GTA III, you can't get 100%

Edited by abundant

You have to do at least one mission for them to "meet" them.

I'm fairly sure that you can get 100% whether you kill them or not. Not 100% though.

Just like I stated earlier, I'm positive that their missions count towards 100%. It wouldn't be the first time in GTA that you can screw yourself out of gaining 100% without knowing.

Edited by abundant

I'm fairly sure that you can get 100% whether you kill them or not. Not 100% though.

So first you can, then you can't. Make your mind up. :shifty:

Clever. I meant I'm not certain. But you knew that.

The book says... (of Ivan)

"Either choice lets you successfully complete the mission However if Ivan lives you not only feel less cruel, but can also profit from it later. A mercifully spared Ivan will reappear later in the game (after you complete "Actions Speak Louder than words") as a random character. You can then help him collect some money and he'll give you a portion as a token of his appreciation. Note also you can shoot Ivan near the end of the chase (This is what I did), killing him before the spot where you are asked to choose his fate."

From that I don't think they'd let you screw yourself out of 100% without having even been able to make the choice.

I think there's another achievement that the remaining special characters like you more than 90%. Not sure if I'm confusing that with something else.

Thats for the friends you have, like Roman, Brucie etc you need to get the five remaining ones to like you over 90%.

Just looked at the guide... you DON'T have to do those random characters missions to get 100%.

Spoilers on what you need to do to get 100%.

Complete every Main Story and Procedural Mission in game(90 total) - 68%

Deliver all 30 vehicles to garage - 2%

Open all unique abilities to complete all activities (except Roman n Dwayne) - 10%

Beat computer or Friend at all activities once - 5%

Find all Random Characters and complete their missions(except Jeff, Cherise, Clarence, and Ivan) - 5%

Kill all 30 on Most Wanted list - 2.5%

Complete all 20 crimes in police computer (vigilante) - 2.5%

Find all 200 pigeons - 2.5%

Complete all 50 jumps - 2.5%

Total = 100%

I'm still sure that you need them for the achievement though, spoiler for reason why.

You don't need Dwayne to be your friend or his special perk to gain 100%, but you need him to be your friend to get an achievement.
Edited by abundant