The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sell on clause for Bentley was 30%, and we bought him for £750k, so not a bad bit of business for Rovers and Arsenal really. Still, I'm laughing at him for being a tit and telling everyone he wants to leave us because we have no champions league football, thinking he would get a move to Liverpool or Chelsea, then them not being interested at all, makes him look quite silly.

Steeeeeeed :)

I'm not fussed Kaboul hasn't come. It would certainly have been nice but Malbranque is the one I wanted out of the list of 4 so I'm psyched that he's came to us. I think given the current situation that Sunderland and Tottenham seem to have been able to conduct some good business without any mindless nonsense, we got a price for them and were allowed to talk to them. There was no unneccessary media coverage about prices, or contracts, no bullshit with clauses and all that shit. Just some decent business, and we have 3 of our 4 targets. We get the people we wanted, Tottenham get some money for them. Everyone ends up happy.

The sell on clause for Bentley was 30%, and we bought him for £750k, so not a bad bit of business for Rovers and Arsenal really. Still, I'm laughing at him for being a tit and telling everyone he wants to leave us because we have no champions league football, thinking he would get a move to Liverpool or Chelsea, then them not being interested at all, makes him look quite silly.

I'm fairly sure the up front fee for Bentley was £750k but with instalments and conditional clauses that took the potential total fee to £3m, of which £2.5m was paid. Arsenal then got 40% of the excess over £3m, rather than 30% of the total (pretty much the same figure, but people are used to the percentage of total because of FM.) Arsenal then also receive 3.5-4.25% (depending on when his birthday is) of the total transfer fee because of the FIFA 'solidarity regulations.' These mean any club a player was contracted to between his 12th and 23rd birthday receives up to 5% of every single transfer fee for that player throughout his career.

If Bentley was sold for £15m, then Arsenal will get:

£15m-£3m = £12m x 40% = £4.8m

£15m x 4.25% = £637,500

Total: £5.5m (approx.)

EDIT: Ugh, I'm an idiot. After checking the solidarity payments, I think they only apply if a player is sold abroad, so the £600k can be ignored. I'll find a source for the Bentley to Blackburn deal though.

Edited by -A-

I'll play in goal for Spurs. I'll cost 50 quid and they can pay me in bags of salt and vinegar crisps. I'll keep the bench warm for them and pose for photos with the team mascot. No point wasting money.

The commute is gonna be a bitch to cope with every week....

...but so totally worth it.

Think of the crisps! :w00t:

I'll play in goal for Spurs. I'll cost 50 quid and they can pay me in bags of salt and vinegar crisps. I'll keep the bench warm for them and pose for photos with the team mascot. No point wasting money.

The commute is gonna be a bitch to cope with every week....

...but so totally worth it.

Think of the crisps! :w00t:

At least get a multi-pack so you can have a bit of variety....

You can tell it's gone a bit quiet on the transfer front when we have multiple posts talking about crisps >_>

Hopefully BBC have got it wrong but they're saying Spurs have ended their interest in Arshavin and that we never actually made a bid.

Another pre-season win for us earlier tonight, we beat Celtic in the Feyenoord Jubilee tournament, 2-0. Bent with the first, latching on to Hartley's poor back-pass and finishing well from a tight angle. Bentley on his debut nabbed the second, a tap-in. Good to see Berbatov out there playing as well, even if he didn't do too much.