The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea full-back Paulo Ferreira is understood to be in talks over a possible move to West Ham.

The Portugal international, who joined the Blues in a £13.2million deal from Porto in 2004, signed a new five-year deal in February.

But the 29-year-old has slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge following the arrival of compatriot Jose Bosingwa this summer, also from Porto.

West Ham are short of options at full-back with new Swiss winger Valon Behrami having had to fill in at right-back so far this season.

And Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has money to spend following Anton Ferdinand's £8m switch to Sunderland, according to Sky Sports News.

Chelsea full-back Paulo Ferreira is understood to be in talks over a possible move to West Ham.

The Portugal international, who joined the Blues in a £13.2million deal from Porto in 2004, signed a new five-year deal in February.

But the 29-year-old has slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge following the arrival of compatriot Jose Bosingwa this summer, also from Porto.

West Ham are short of options at full-back with new Swiss winger Valon Behrami having had to fill in at right-back so far this season.

And Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has money to spend following Anton Ferdinand's £8m switch to Sunderland, according to Sky Sports News.

Oh good. I was beginning to think Chelsea had some kind of 'GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL' deal going on with Portuguese right full-backs.

I've heard City want to hijack that transfer, but I think he's going to go to Man Utd. It's the top European football at stake here, if that's what he truly wants then that's where he'll go.

But he'll probably be heading to United and then veer off at stupid-money from City or something.

Because that's what Sky Sports News said is why.

There probably just wanting to flex their new, very wealthy biceps and try and say "look, we're so rich we can take people away from Man Utd" and to be honest, Berbatov is the kind of player who fits into a lot of line ups because of his pace, height and power it makes him a good target for most teams. He's good enough to break through defences and strong and tall enough to win flick on's and head in goals.

So that's why.

Thank fuck Doyle isn't coming to Villa. Don't like him at all.

Quite interesting with the Berbatov situation. I still reckon he'll go to United. Very interesting situation being played out. Panned out throughout the summer, and now United's closest rivals are being taken over by billionaires and launch a £30m bid on transfer deadline day. :lol: Ya gotta love it.

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

This is easily the best news for ages, the problem will be if Berbatov will actually decide to go to City or whether he will stand by his guns and demand to play for United.

If you think about it, only City and Chelsea (maybe Q.P.R eventually) are teams with money that will be able to spend it very easily: Manchester United and Liverpool (despite being insanely popular worldwide) seem to be really tied down with debt from the owners and are unlikely to buy anyone big unless they know they're worth it.

If I was Mark Hughes I'd be the happiest man alive, promised loads of money to spend at City (probably around £30m) and ends up looking like he'll be able to afford anyone he wants. Unless of course the new owners decide that he simply isn't the man for the job, in which case he might get the Blackburn job back sooner or later <_<

the bbc website generally, most of them are jokes I'd imagine - quite a few will be people legitimately telling us the truth or just trying to make headlines to be bell ends. The joke ones are epic.

And the fact that players are spotted in 5 different cities within an hour all over the country is usually quite epic. Maybe they send body doubles?