HOLY GEORDIE GIRLS!

YI

TUUUUUNE!!!

I particuarly love how glitzy/American-ghetto they've tried to make it...but the girls moves are total, Blu Bambu, Friday night, slight sway/move your arms every now and then. Fucking hilarious.

Seriously though...we've found the song for the summer. BOOSH!!

If that's the best you Britons can do I must say American music might actually be in better shape. Which is shocking since Soulja Boy had a number 1 hit less than a year ago.

Haha, just no.

I never said it was a great song, by any stretch of the imagination. But it's definately one that's going to be played in Clubs all summer. I mean I love it, but that's only because it's very much a TUUUUUUNE, in that it's cheesy, catchy...and the birds are fucking banging...and 'local'.

Whilst UK music isn't INCREDIBLY strong, mainstream wise at the minute, if you look at the singles chart you have;

• The Ting Tings at #1, with a really catchy indie-dance number.
  • Coldplay at #8. I admit, I haven't heard this, and I fucking hate Coldplay, but seeing as "Viva La Vida" is SO FUCKING GOOD, I'm hoping this tune is at least acceptable.
  • Estelle at #9. It sounds like a boring, generic, Jamiroquai track...which is bad...but at the same time it sounds like a boring, generic, Jamiroquai track...which is good...as I love Jamiroquai. :shifty: Does that make sense?
  • Pendulum at #12...we've fucking adopted them...you bloody Australians can keep Sam Sparro though, he's shite.
  • Then you've got Duffy twice in the top 20. Who's brilliant!

I actually admit to not know ing a lot of the Top 20, which is quite surprising, as late last year I was totally engrossing myself in 'pop music'. The single charts, in the UK at least, as so 'random' at the minute, songs crop in and out all the time. I never would have thought a band like The Ting Tings would have got to number 1, 3/4/5 year ago. Just like I'd never imagine someone like Santogold (Whilst I can't stand her) reaching #27 on our singles chart.

You can't seriously judge the state of our homegrown music based on one cheesy, dance-club number.

Christ...reception to this song is harsh. :shifty: Seriously, if this charts, it's going to be around the 20's. According to wiki, their other 'hits' got nowhere near the top 40, so they're hardly "The best the UK have to offer", and never did I claim them to be...but it's going to find its way into all the cheesy clubs and stay there all summer, if not all year.

Edited by YI

I'm not really a fan of that song. It's not dreadful though.

UK music is pretty strong at the moment. I had a look at this week's chart too and there's quite a few decent songs there and to be honest most of the rubbish is actually American(Will I Am, Usher...)

I hate Adele and the Hoosiers though but I'll just pretend they don't exist. I'm not too hot on Duffy either. I don't like her stupid swaying dance and her voice is a bit too piercing.

And I don't know why I have this urge right now, but I want you all to listen to this.

Edited by metalman

Alice Deejay is fucking awesome. I got the album not that long ago. Still haven't listened to it all the way through yet. I keep just playing "Back In My Life" and "Better Off Alone".

I much prefer this kind of cheese with a bit of 'mellowness'/pop sensibilities to it, in comparison to the overly blown stuff like Basshunter, Ultrabeat, Cascada etc....who are still great in a cheesy way, but not the same...like they're good because they're so cheesy, as apposed to some stuff from the late 90's/early 00's like Alice Deejay, ATB etc, which were good, but also slightly/incredibly cheesy. Bob Sinclar is the only 'maistream' guy who has the kind of early 00's vibe. Yet, the song that always gets played by him is fucking terrible. Eugh. I actually refuse to download his album again ("Western Dream"), as all I can find are 'later additions' with that sodding awful "Rock This Party" shit on, which wasn't on the original :(

Edited by YI

All things considered, Duffy is pretty downright awesome, even if her album is less lasting than Amy Winehouse's. Though, America has accepted her as their own now at this point (her album debuted in the top 5 here) so that clearly doesn't count. :shifty: