Promotion Wars

Guest tiarnantmann

Guest tiarnantman

I'm not too familiar with the game in terms of which is version is which, but does anyone know where I could possibly download one of the earlier versions. I remember when, about half a year ago, I had a good version in which you didn't actually choose who you wanted to win; it was chosen by the computer. It was from around 2001/2 if I remember correctly, and you had the choice of either booking regular shows or one-night tournaments.

After a bit of thought, I'm thinking that perhaps this was an earlier version of EWR, but I'm almost sure it was PW.

In every version of PW the computer chose who won, unless you were pushing one of the wrestlers/teams in a match (which is decided from their profile page rather than from the booking process).

If you're gonna search out a version of PW, you may as well go for Promotion Wars 1.2e - which was the last full version of the game to be released.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

1.2e would be what you're looking for - it was the last version released for a very long time, although I do remember Adam (Jennings) putting out something after it that in my opinion wasn't as good, having to choose winners being one of the problems.

If that Geocities link doesn't start working in the next few hours, let me know and I'll upload 1.2e somewhere. :)

Promotion Wars 1.3 was the last version released, and you manually select winners and match endings. Unfortunately I'm not sure where you'd get it nowadays. 5GG were hosting all the downloads for awhile.

Depends on if you count the leaked version of Promotion Wars 2. So it was only 80% complete, it was still playable and was a huge improvement on what came before...

Fuck me, BionicCoomar and HHUK, those are names I haven't heard in a long ass while. Oh shit, and misfit103.

BlakMajik420, RobVanDaminator11785, lowerdeck, RXPW, Marko Sparko 69 (Shit, I remember when he died), TrisBarn, Zimmy, Burke, Firestorm, Carrier, c0w. That websites like a fucking time machine.

God damn. 2001. And to think I was kicking around long before 1.2e.

Damn.

I am one old mother fucker.

Fuck me, BionicCoomar and HHUK, those are names I haven't heard in a long ass while. Oh shit, and misfit103.

BlakMajik420, RobVanDaminator11785, lowerdeck, RXPW, Marko Sparko 69 (Shit, I remember when he died), TrisBarn, Zimmy, Burke, Firestorm, Carrier, c0w. That websites like a fucking time machine.

God damn. 2001. And to think I was kicking around long before 1.2e.

Damn.

I am one old mother fucker.

Damn... I hear what you're saying. I can't believe PW2 was (originally) due out in 2001. I remember 1.2c being released. Hell, I reckon I was around before 1.2b.

Wow... just looking at that site could list all those names you've just put up. Does anyone know if the old Promotion Wars Arena is still going? I know it long outlasted the game. I

I posted on the old PWA as mattlandsman. I mainly used to hang around in the Diary forum, but I was still active across the board.

After I discovered EWR I joined up at EWE, which later became e2o, and EWB (I think EWB2? - it was definately before EWB3) and eventually I stopped posting at the old PWA - especially when it became clear that PW2 was never going to come out. I know PWA moved at least one and I found it a few years back. People like Burke and deadcow were still there but there were very few members and it seemed pretty clique-y.