DLC Ideas

I figured about now would be the time to talk about what we would want the DLC to include, considering the game's been out for over a month there's a lot of people who've lost intrest after completing everything, there doesn't really seem to be much to do after the final pigeon has been shot other than rush through the game again and get the 30hr achievment.

So with that in mind what would you guys honestly want to be included in the DLC?

• New missions?
  • New cars?
  • New weapons?
  • New locations?

Personally I think that the game could do with a "keys to the city" mode, achievments would be disabled and people could cheat to their hearts content without ruining the game. Surely there's hundreds of possibilities if Rockstar allowed us to tweak certain aspects of the game like the spawning of vehicles on top of buildings for extreme parkour or some sort of riot mode.

A mission selector would be awesome too, I dunno how they'd be able to impliment it but maybe if it can locate the final mission achievment you'd be able to find a building that would allow you to go through missions again.

Another suggestion going round is the use of a pick-up truck, calling 911 would give you the option of getting a truck to take away your car's charred remains and repair it.

Guest R.Moncrief

Realistically speaking, I can see one of the ritzy clothes stores (since there are two identical ones) becoming a brand new store with new clothes. In San Andreas, a glitch caused San Fierro and Las Venturas to have the same exact tattoo shop but with the PC version, this was corrected. The same idea could be applied here except it's not a glitch - just a placeholder for the DLC.

I doubt we'll get new missions or any new areas. DLC doesn't have to be much.

Besides, it's been pushed until early 2009. No point discussing it 6+ months in advance.

I'm pretty sure that it'll at least contain some new missions. Microsoft gave up some big money for this, it's not going to be just some new clothes or weapons. It might contain stuff like that, but it has to be something big.

Edited by Thatz

I think the news of it getting pushed back into 2009 would lend credence to the rumors that it's going to be an entirely new location. I've heard everything from a fourth island to Carcer City to GTA3 Liberty to Vice City to San Andreas... it reminds me of being a kid again and when people would make up all kinds of shit, but it's obviously going to be something more than clothes if MS paid $50 million for it.

On the Social Club once you get the story club bit opened up you can move the pictures about to find a plane ticket for Niko going from Liberty City to San Andreas, which sparked off a whole fuckload of rumours.

I think it's safe to say there will definitely be new missions at the very least. A new location is possible, but I'd almost guarantee it won't just be clothes or cars.

Guest R.Moncrief

Microsoft pays insane amounts of money for crap all the time. They have it to spend. I think the biggest misunderstanding is that just because $50M was dropped, that doesn't prove that this is going to be something major. For all we know, Microsoft could have heard about "episodic content" and they busted their nuts at the opportunity to screw Sony over.

I think the news of it getting pushed back into 2009 would lend credence to the rumors that it's going to be an entirely new location. I've heard everything from a fourth island to Carcer City to GTA3 Liberty to Vice City to San Andreas... it reminds me of being a kid again and when people would make up all kinds of shit, but it's obviously going to be something more than clothes if MS paid $50 million for it.

The delay is supposed to be based more on financial issues than developmental ones. They don't want to make all their money right now and then have nothing later on.

• 1 month later...