The Official EWB Star Wars Thread

Mr. X

• 2 months later...

So, I am halfway through Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. And I'm pretty in the character of Bane and some of the nods to Knights of the Old Republic. And I'm still waiting for a Star Wars Complete Sagas dvd set.

I PoD the first Bane book? I really enjoyed that - thought it established Bane's character well, showed him as having vulnerabilities (ie not all powerful, rather than necessarily emotionally vulnerable) built the secondary characters well, and the action scenes were really well done.

One of the better all-round SW books. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

Yeah, I finished the book last week and hope that Bane is included more (even just in mention) in future books as his character is definitely interesting. I'll probably pick up the second book this weekend. My goal is to read the Star Wars books in order which should keep me occupied for about 30 years.

Path of Destruction SPOILERS

I was shocked to see Gilthany die, but I believe it was needed for the sake of making Bane look truly dark. Bane bringing back The Rule of Two makes things interesting now (and gives some historical context for the Sith) and I wonder how, seeing as she is the apprentice, Rain will dethrone Bane.

OH you guys are in for a treat in Rule of Two. The book is truly superior to the first one and... ah jesus I cannot spoil it for you guys.

On another note, I am awaiting the next Republic Commando book, Order 66. If you haven't read the first three books, you should, they are quite amazing at diving into the real community that is the clone army and how much they have been taught to be "true" Mandolorians. And then the main story continues in December with the next series to take place after Legacy of the Force, quite a good series as well.

Guest Reaperstang

Is it possible to get a list in chronological order of all the books? I am just starting to enjoy Star Wars and am curious where to start and such. I have seen all the movies excet this new animated one. I really like the Dark Side of the Force and this new game looks really intrigueing.

Edited by Reaperstang

So awesome, more Bane makes me happy.

Also, in most of the paperbooks they have some nice, niffty timeline in the beginning of the book. Normally about 3 or 4 pages in. In my experience, I dived in at the very start of the New Jedi Order and then branched out from there. You'll find that most of the work going on now is either in there or during the Clone Wars where the is just open stories abounding. Sometimes you'll find the rare book that comes out during the movies but that's not very often.

In the middle of reading the book of the new Animated movie and I must say is quite a bit better. For one, its not as kiddie and I know that is what they were going for in the new movie, but this really puts a better feel to it and makes me a bit more excited for the TV show that is coming out soon.

I'm about halfway through Coruscant Nights 1: Jedi Twilight by Michael Reaves and am pleasantly surprised. Considering how fussy I am when it comes to Star Wars EU it's a miracle I ever enjoy any of the novels. Book has some pretty good characters which, from what I hear, carrying over from some of Reave's previous SW books (of which I've only read one - the Darth Maul novel). Good stuff. Not mind blowing...but good.

Also read through the first three volumes of Star Wars Legacy (comic series). Although I have a fairly strong policy of not reading anything that takes place post RoTJ (with the exception of Zahn's stuff) I have to say the comics are quite enjoyable.

The main problem I have (which is a common EU problem) is that a certain character supposedly falls to the Dark Side and then redeems him/herself with what seems like little to no effort. Why should we be afraid of the Dark Side exactly? Everyone and their sister's second dog seems to have fallen to the Dark Side and came back A-Okay. The whole thing kind of cheapens Anakin's redemption in Return of the Jedi IMO.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV Show Website

Yeah... the new TV Show starts this Friday at 9 pm Pacific & Eastern on Cartoon Network. The TV show takes place after the recent Clone Wars movie that was just released so the kiddy stuff will probably continue on throughout the show, but the action still looks about as epic as it was in the movie so I am quite pumped. This friday cannot come soon enough.