The Official EWB Star Wars Thread

Mr. X

Another Clone Wars series? Boooo. There's no way it can live up to Tartakovsky's series. That was and still is one of my all-time favourite Star Wars.. anything.

Another Clone Wars series? Boooo. There's no way it can live up to Tartakovsky's series. That was and still is one of my all-time favourite Star Wars.. anything.

I very much agree with you on that issue, but I think what Star Wars is trying to do now is get the next generation into Star Wars and leaving everyone else out to kinda watch it and go "Oh, that's how that happened and that's why this happened in the original trilogy." I was still a kid when the prequel trilogy came out but I had well been into Star Wars already with the original trilogy... so theres that. I know a few kids who say they love Star Wars but won't watch the original trilogy cause Yoda isn't plastered all over the place.

But I am have a few hopes for the new series. If the action is as big and epic as it was in the movie and I can get some enjoyment out of the storyline, I'll be quite happy.

Also...

I am wondering whether they will kill off Asoka in this whole deal or whether she goes off with some other master or something else... that is what has my intrest. That and Asajj... she's just so angry its awesome.

I had well been into Star Wars already with the original trilogy

I believe I started watching Star Wars when I was about 5 or 6 (my brother had a ton of Star Wars figures), which would put my first viewings in 1990-91. I still have the black VHS box set of the originals and a gold box set of the enhanced original trilogy. I also however am not completely against Episodes I-III and think that they are not nearly as horrific as some Star Wars fans claim they are.

I've yet to see Clone Wars, mostly because it looks like it is aimed directly at children and it looks to be more of a rental than paying 6 dollars for ticket plus the 6 or so for popcorn and a drink. But from the reviews I've read I'm not expecting anything amazing by any means.

I also collect the Decipher CCG, which makes me as nerdy as Benji or J. :shifty:

I watched the original trilogy for the first time when I was about 5 on the same Black VHS set I believe you are talking about so that would put me at 92-93, so I am right there with you (I also have the new set on DVD). I watched Clone Wars for free over the internet so it didn't cost me anything so maybe thats why I am a little high on it. But you are right, it is very kidy, but the action sequences to me more than make up for it.

watch-movies.net is where I watched it at if your intrested btw.

• 3 months later...

Bumping because there's not much point in starting a new topic...

In the original Star Wars film, when Luke and Obi-Wan enter the cantina there's all those fantastic aliens. I'm sure one of them is in a red space suit, complete with helmet, and has a skull face (not this guy) but I can't find a picture of him anywhere.

I could just stick the DVD on and look, but I figured I'd ask here as a last resort that anyone might have the faintest clue what I'm talking about.

Edited by James Casey

• 1 year later...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/14/george-lucas-officially-announces-star-wars-on-blu-ray-in-2011/

Initially I was really happy, until I read the bit about him not including the original cuts. If I'm good to spend good money on all 6 films, I'd like to be able to also watch the original cuts in hi-def.