Warped Tour Attendee Thread

Gene Kiniski

Holy shit I was about to go to the VA Beach one, but I ended up going to Charlotte instead. I wish I could have met up with Toffee :(

Oh well, I'm pumped for the Charlotte one. This is my first Warped and I'm insanely excited for Say Anything and Gaslight Anthem.

I'll be attending the one July 31st at Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville, Indiana. It's right above Indianapolis, anyone else happen to be going to that one?

I might be attending that one, but i'm not sure as we haven't got tickets yet or anything. Not much I'm really looking forward too other than Say Anything, Forever the Sickest Kids, and Devil Wears Prada.

As resident music whore...here's bands you MUST see etc...I know a few are only doing a handful of dates :shifty:

The Action Design (Playing 6/20-6/28 and 8/13-8/17) (ex Tsunami Bomb)

Against Me! (Playing 6/20-8/3 and 8/13-8/17)

Agent Orange (Playing 8/15-8/16)

AUTHORITY ZERO (Playing 8/10-8/13 and 8/15-8/17)

The Bouncing Souls (Playing 7/16-7/25)

The Briggs

The Bronx

D.I. (Playing 8/14-8/15 and 8/17)

Dillinger Escape Plan (Playing 7/9-7/15)

Does It Offend You, Yeah? (Playing 7/23-7/31)

Driving East (Playing 7/29-7/31)

FOUR YEAR STRONG (Playing 7/9-8/17)

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM (Playing 7/9-7/16)

H2O (Playing 8/14-8/17)

Hi-Fi Hand Grenades (Playing 8/5-8/10)

JACK'S MANNEQUIN (Playing 7/1-7/20)

Lights (Playing 7/17-7/18)

Madina Lake (Playing 7/9-7/25) (Guilty pleasure :()

Matisyahu (Playing 7/9-7/11 and 7/13)

Motion City Soundtrack (Playing 7/29-8/17)

Paramore (Playing 7/1-7/6)

PENNYWISE (Playing 6/20-6/29 and 7/15-8/3)

PROTEST THE HERO

Reel Big Fish

Relient K

Rise Against (Playing 8/6-8/17)

Say Anything

Story of the Year

Street Dogs

We Shot The Moon (Playing 7/1-7/2)

If you're able to catch certain bands on certain dates, the line up is a shitload better than I remember it being for years.

Holy shit I was about to go to the VA Beach one, but I ended up going to Charlotte instead. I wish I could have met up with Toffee :(

Oh well, I'm pumped for the Charlotte one. This is my first Warped and I'm insanely excited for Say Anything and Gaslight Anthem.

I almost went to the Charlotte one as well because my father lives there.

I almost went to the Charlotte one as well because my father lives there.

My friends have backstage passes to the Virginia Beach show because We The Kings came to a local restaurant and played, then my friend who worked there talked with them for like an hour.

I kind of wish I would go to the VA beach show instead, but I'm content with Charlotte.

and HOLY SHIT I forgot Jack's Mannequin would be there. I've wanted to see some form of Andrew McMahon live since his Something Corporate days. Does anybody know if he incorporates ANY Something Corporate into his sets?

I just got back from the show in Darien Lake. Glad I left when I did, because it started to hale as we left. In order, here was my favorite to least favorite acts.

1. 3OH!3

2. Forever the Sickest Kids

3. Schwayze

4. Mayday Parade

5. Gym Class Heroes (only caught "Girlfriend")

6. Story of the Year (didn't really catch it)

7. The Audition

8. Reliant K

9. St. Alvia Cartel

Getting body surfed during the FTSK was amazingly awesome, and I just had a great day all around. If there is one group I really suggest you all check out, it's 3OH!3. I loved them and really think they are going to be the next big thing off of the Warped Tour.

I went yesterday. Posted this in Donators when ragbag asked me what I liked and who he should see:

Okay, I'm probably going to lose a lot of my music cred here, but this is what I liked:

I fucking love The HorrorPops. Any time an oddly hot chick is playing an upright bass with a guitar player that acts like he's possessed by the devil and a drummer who looks like the devil is going to be fucking kick-ass awesome good time to me.

Also, I really dig The Audition, they're totally music for teenage girls, but they're a lot of fun and can work a crowd like nobody's business. They really deserved to be on a bigger stage. Definitely check them out, they're probably the most under-looked band on the tour and they're just a blast to watch. Even if they're not your kind of music, I guarantee fun will be had while watching The Audition

I didn't get to see Against Me since they were playing the same time as Protest the Hero, who I've never seen live and are fucking insanely amazing. Make sure you go see Protest the Hero just to listen to the singer rant and have their lead guitarist blow your fucking mind!

Classic Crime are a band that I'm unfamiliar with but my girlfriend really digs, so I checked them out, not bad. Nothing extremely amazing to me, but worth a listen if you got nothing else going on when they're playing.

I dig The Bronx... I remember trying to get them on the air before the end of my radio gig, give them a listen.

I didn't check them out, but apparently the Warped crowd really likes Forever The Sickest Kids. I know nothing about them though.

I'm a huge dork for Motion City Soundtrack. I've seen them at least eight times now in concert and will gladly pay money to see them any time they are around Cincy. Even though I just bitched about the whole 25 minute set thing, their set was well worth the $20 I paid for a ticket.

I was bummed I didn't get to see Reel Big Fish (they went on first, oddly)... not really a fan, but it would have been fun to see them.

My girlfriend loves Say Anything, I do not, but they played EXTREMELY well. I was impressed with how good they sound live... still don't really like them though.

Story of the Year was all sorts of fired up. Again, not a band I really dig, but they were determined to get the Warped Tour crowd to have a shitload of fun.

Here's pretty much all I saw. In order if I can remember right.

Cobra Starship-Fun way to start off the day. Was bummed we left right before they played 'Guilty Pleasure'

Norma Jean-Sucked. Flat out.

All That Remains-We're ok. Though their lead singer may have had one of the more douchbaggy quotes of the day, "We smoke weed, drink whiskey, and will fuck your girlfriend and not care about it."

From First To Last-Very dissapointed by this. They just really didn't sound good live.

Say Anything-Fun, fun. Got up in front and nearly got squashed to death but was worth it.

Shwayze-More or less a time to relax but they were playing in the ampitheatre at the time. Not bad.

Forever The Sickest Kids-Fun Set. Only got to play 5 songs and were really unadvertised (timewise).

Protest The Hero-Awesome. Rocked harder than anything else I saw.

Every Time I Die-Saw the end of their set. Meh, okay.

Lodo (sp?), Every Avenue (?), and Horrorpops-All under another resting period. the first band wasn't bad, the 2nd I could've cared less about. Horrorpops weren't bad though when they first brought out that huge bass, I didn't know what the fuck was happening.

Reel Big Fish-Funnest set of the day. Enter Sandman and I Kissed A Girl covers mixed in with one song. They're other songs were good too, plus was easy to get up front as not many people were there.

The Devil Wears Prada-ugh. Dissapointing in every sense of the word. They cut off the Still Fly cover half way through and then every douchebag there had to make a pit in random areas. Not much fun.

Fun time though, besides getting sun burnt to hell. Needed Paramore to really make it an amazing day >_>

• 2 weeks later...

I just have a hard time buying the idea of "crazy moshing" during bands that are playing Christian music. I know DWP attracts some "crazy" pits, but it just makes me laugh... they're rocking for Jesus and that gets people fired up?

"FUCK YEAH, JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS, MOTHERFUCKER!" *SLAM!*