Johnny Cash Remix Album

Benji

Snoop Dogg remixes Johnny Cash for compilation

NME.com

Snoop Dogg has remixed a classic Johnny Cash tune for a forthcoming compilation produced by the country legend's son.

The rap star is putting his spin on 'I Walk The Line' for 'Johnny Cash Remixed', a new remix album featuring recordings licensed from Sun Records, Cash's first label.

The album is being executive produced by John Carter Cash, who said in a statement, "(Johnny Cash) would have loved this remix record. While it stays true to the original recordings, this CD touches on undiscovered ground. This is what my father was about: staying true to tradition while creating groundbreaking new music."

Other remixes include 'Get Rhythm' by Philip Steir and 'Leave That Junk Alone' by Alabama 3. The album is due out in the US on October 14.

Got to admit, I'm looking forward to this, I'm intruiged because it will either end up as a total trainwreck, or, hopefully, a wonderful testament to the fact older music and newer music can coexist in harmony <3

Like most other compilations it's likely there's going to be one or two stand out tracks as something that actually work well together and the rest will be complete shite, I really can't see how the words Johnny Cash and Remix would ever go together.

Then again i've just remembered that Beats of Fire remix from THUG2 that turned out to be pretty funky