Step Brothers

Tits McGee

I pray to god it bombs. That combined with the miserable deaths of The Love Guru and Meet Dave would prove that major comedy stars need to quit being complacent and come out with shit that isn't just rehashing their usual routine.

Guest Offbeat Bareass

First off.. it could be mildly funny or completely stupid.

Nothing can be bad as Strange Wilderness though.

Secondly, GoGo, sick avatar, sick movie.

It's either gonna be pure awesome or pure suck, judging by the trailer. I'm hoping for the former but have a feeling it's going to be the latter.

And dear god, was Strange Wilderness sooooo bad.

Idk, I could've help but keep laughing at them doing the weird looking sharks laugh. Especially in the theatre cause it went on longer than the trailer implied.

Farrell is garbage. I've never liked him in a single role where he was the main star. He is much better suited playing a secondary role, like in Old School. With that said, I'm interested in this movie. I wish it was released at a different time, since I won't be picking this movie over some of the other movies that are out at this point, and fully expect the movie to be dreadful, but unlike most of Farrell's other movies, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was at least a bit interested in seeing this movie.

I agree that Will Ferrell is best off as an ensemble guy (Old School, Zoolander). Stranger Than Fiction was a great turn from him, though; I really wish he'd pursue more roles like that instead of playing yet another loud pompous manchild.

I think the movie could be good. The trailer where Ferrell is throwing dirt on whatshisname was funny.

"What are you doing?!"

"Burying you!"

"My dad gonna wonder where I am!"

"He'll NEVER know you're gone!"

This movie and Tropic Thunder are two movies Im interested in seeing.

I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan, but this movie looks pretty funny. If there's a dull week of releases or I'm bored during the week, I might check it out, otherwise I'll give it a view when it gets on DVD.

I think it's going to be pretty good and that'll it make people forget about Talladega Nights.

And I don't know how you can lump this movie in with The Love Guru and Meet Dave because even if it isn't that great, it's going to be infinitely better than either of those two.

And I may just be a Ferrell fanboy here, but I don't think he's as bad as people say he is. He hasn't done a ton of movies so while his characters have a lot of similarities so I don't think he's done enough for it to be entirely tiresome yet. I think it also might be the fact that Anchorman was so awesome that a lot of people expect everything he does to be on the same level when that's really fucking hard to do.

That being said, I'm waiting for the day when he actually stars in a Apatow-directed movie.

...edited to make it a coherent paragraph lol

Edited by RocknRolla

Guest Offbeat Bareass
I think it's going to be pretty good and that'll it make people forget about Talladega Nights.

And I don't know how you can lump this movie in with The Love Guru and Meet Dave because even if it isn't that great, it's going to be infinitely better than either of those two.

And I may just be a Ferrell fanboy here, but I don't think he's as bad as people say he is. He hasn't done a ton of movies so while his characters have a lot of similarities so I don't think he's done enough for it to be entirely tiresome yet. I think it also might be the fact that Anchorman was so awesome that a lot of people expect everything he does to be on the same level when that's really fucking hard to do.

That being said, I'm waiting for the day when he actually stars in a Apatow-directed movie.

...edited to make it a coherent paragraph lol

I liked Talladega Nights. :crying:

Adam Sandler is starring in a Judd Apatow movie in 2009 called Funny People. I think that fits worse than Will Farrell making an appearence.

I didn't mind Talladega Nights either, I just know that it is generally shat on but by no means was it great. It had it's moments but for a Will Ferrell movie with Sasha Baron Cohen it didn't quite meet the expectations I'm sure many had for it.

Yeah, I'm intrigued by Funny People as it seems like it might actually be Sandler's next good movie considering the cast around him and since he's probably not going to be the main focus, he could actually prove he's still funny. I'm more intrigued by the inclusion of Eric Bana in the cast though.

I didn't mind Talladega Nights either, I just know that it is generally shat on but by no means was it great. It had it's moments but for a Will Ferrell movie with Sasha Baron Cohen it didn't quite meet the expectations I'm sure many had for it.

Yeah, I'm intrigued by Funny People as it seems like it might actually be Sandler's next good movie considering the cast around him and since he's probably not going to be the main focus, he could actually prove he's still funny. I'm more intrigued by the inclusion of Eric Bana in the cast though.

Clearly it's because he kicked fucking ass in Munich.

Guest Offbeat Bareass

Adam Sandler and Will Farrell have similar career lines I suppose. They both have their "thing", they both did skits, they both tried experimental "indy" films.

Interesting.

Talladega Nights is definitely a grower movie, though. I still crack up at about any of John C. Reilly's stuff and it was a decent mocking of something that, well, needed it.

That said, the Step Brothers preview isn't necessarily funny, though, nice to see that Apatow read indie blogs in the last year, what with MIA in the ads for Pineapple Express and LCD Soundsystem in the commercials for this.

Edited by ROC