Star Wars 3 News

Lowerdeck

'Return of the Sith' could've been interesting...could've been a link to 'Return of the Jedi'

Anywho, I like the title, the film should be at least decent, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Revenge of the Sith is a damn good choice, and it beats the hell out of that cheap B-Movie title "Attack of the Clones" for EP2.

Still, if there's one thing that I've learned about movies over the past year, is that it's best to back a statement up.

Ah-Nold said in T3, they'd have the best chase sequence ever. IMO, it didn't compare to Matrix Reloaded's.

Lucas said this would tie everything in.

It damn well better.

I'm pissed over EP2....

Hopefully, this movie WILL tie it together.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

I remember reading the working title for Return of the Jedi was Revenge of the Jedi, and the title was leaked early so they could spot pirated merchandise.  It was changed before the leak though because a Jedi wouldn't take revenge.  Makes sense for this to be called Revenge of the Sith.

Actually, the title was not leaked early. The original plan was for the film to be called Revenge of the Jedi and there are trading cards to prove it (I have two), as well as a video game I believe for the Commodore or some early system.

Anyways, George Lucas took another look at the title of the film and decided that it wasn't really in the nature of a Jedi to seek revenge (this is what it says on the back of the trading card), and thus Return of the Jedi was born, believing that it was a title that sounded more triumphant and positive.