Red Dwarf Mafia

There aren't a great many unique characters in the novels...

Michael McGruder?

Reketrebn?

Evil Lister?

A few redneck hicks from the Backwards universe?

Various people from BTL (Juanita?)

That other rogue simulant guy who kills the other simulants, whose name I forget?

Okay, it's not so much that there aren't many, but that most of them are crap. :shifty: Except for the first three. Last Human > others.

Edit: Oh and there's also Lister's GELF bride (also from the TV series of course)...but I'm not going to venture a spelling of her name without it written down in front of me. >_>

Last Human is excellently well written and had some excellent plot stuff (like the sperm, the GELFs, the prison, the planet at the end, Evil Lister etc...)

Backwards was okay. Again well written and it's retelling of Gunmen of the Apocalypse was cool but in trying to stick to the TV it wasn't so good and the end was a bit of a cop-out.

Better Than Life is an excellent read. Seeing everything break apart in Rimmer's psyche is brilliant.

Still for me I love the bits in Eternity Welcomes....Before Lister is on Red Dwarf and everything about the rubber plant who witnessed the suicide.