Nintendo reveals the truth...

ROC

Miyamoto only does properties that involve things in his day to day life.

http://www.videogames.yahoo.com/feature/ma...o-brass/1237101

Mario creator gagged by Nintendo brass

What the legendary game maker does in his spare time is their business.

By Ben Silverman

When he isn't designing groundbreaking video games, Shigeru Miyamoto partakes in a variety of interesting hobbies. And Nintendo doesn't want you to know what they are.

Citing anonymous Nintendo sources, the Times Online reports that the man responsible for smash franchises like Mario and Zelda has been banned by Nintendo from chatting about his non-game interests, apparently because they "could be worth billions."

If history serves, they're probably right -- Miyamoto has a lengthy track record of converting his hobbies into lucrative games. Plant-based strategy game Pikmin, for instance, was born out of his love for gardening. After his family got a dog, the rest of the world adopted Nintendogs. Most recently, he revealed that exercise game Wii Fit was a direct result of the master designer obsessively weighing himself after turning 50.

Both Nintendo and Miyamoto have, unsurprisingly, remained silent on the matter.

Kind of funny stuff. I wonder what would happen to games if Shigeru suddenly got a love of something wacky, like heavy metal, moshing, playing WOW, or drinking energy drinks. METUL KID/MAYBE NERD: The Simulation?

Edited by ROC

I'll take a Miyamoto current-obsession video game over pretty much anything these days. People can call his stuff gimmicky, but at least it's original and fun. Originality seems to have been lost in recent years during pitch meetings that I think go like this:

"I got a great idea for a game. It's a post-apocalyptic world full of concrete and metal, and the world has been overrun by aliens/robots/robotic aliens, and the only person who can stop it are these motherfuckin' badass space marines!"

"Let's make it a trilogy!"

or...

"Ok..we've made a few of these games already. We took this feature out 2 games ago..lets add it back in and tag it as ALL NEW!"

I'll take a Miyamoto current-obsession video game over pretty much anything these days. People can call his stuff gimmicky, but at least it's original and fun. Originality seems to have been lost in recent years during pitch meetings that I think go like this:

"I got a great idea for a game. It's a post-apocalyptic world full of concrete and metal, and the world has been overrun by aliens/robots/robotic aliens, and the only person who can stop it are these motherfuckin' badass space marines!"

I was going to submit that idea to THQ :(

I was going to submit that idea to THQ :(

Yes, but your badass space marines were genetically engineered to look and act like tigers!

Does anybody else get the image of Nintendo locking Miyamoto in a room with a bunch of toys and seeing which one he plays with the most? :shifty:

They're looking for inspiration from his creativity, not to find out if he's the next Avatar.

Does anybody else get the image of Nintendo locking Miyamoto in a room with a bunch of toys and seeing which one he plays with the most? :shifty:

They're looking for inspiration from his creativity, not to find out if he's the next Avatar.

He's already the avatar for the Nintengods.