NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positioning... keep yourself between your opponent and the goalie. Use the poke check, the stick lift, and yes, crush people at will.

Be wary though, going for the big hit can leave you out of position and totally fucked. Also, poke checking all willy nilly can lead to a multitude of tripping calls... and the stick lift will sometimes give you slashing or high sticking penalties.

The safest way to play is just to position yourself properly and not let the other team get off any good shots.

I just picked up 09... I am creating Gunnar Stahl as we speak. So if you want to watch me, an Englishman who knows very little about hockey outside of the rules and teams, embarrass himself against a bunch of Americans/Canadians/Better Hockey gamers... invite me to the team. :-p

I realise I haven't sold myself very well there... but I let my game do the talking... >_>

Edit - Anyone know what shirt number Gunnar Stahl wore?

Edited by Whisper in the Wind