NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

CAMTA needs to get some more games in now, this patch sounds like it will make the online play more fun, less opportunities for the glitchers to... well, glitch. Although I am disappointed we can't poke the puck from underneath the goalie now, I've scored at least five goals like that in EASHL :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I created myself, Ace, and our two alter-egos, put them into Colorado and started an NHL Be-A-Pro. We're languishing in the 7th-9th slots (after I struggled early in the season) but after discovering the secret to goalie mode (only use the right stick in three instances: when covering up, hugging the post, or poke-checking) my stats and our performances have risen with a bullet.

We were in 9th going into a clutch 4-point game against 8th-seeded Detroit (approx 20 games left to play). I reeled off a 19 save shutout and my stats as it stands are 22-24 with a 2.35 GAA, .89X save% and 5 shutouts. My targets are 53 games (roughly), 30 wins, 2.30 GAA, .880 save % and 7 shutouts, so I don't have much margin for error going forward, both in terms of making the playoffs and achieving my aims.

I have also had two shutouts callously robbed from me by the games' use of the last minute "fuck-you" shot; a blisteringly fast one-timer that is impossible to actually stop (it has to hit you, or as in the case with Detroit, it missed). I also stuffed a deep-slot one timer set up from behind the net on the short side by stacking the pads, and sprawled to stop Pavel Datsyuk on a shorthanded breakaway.

Long story short; I still fucking love this game.

I started playing offline Be A Pro again yesterday (we still play EASHL a fair bit), got my achievements for grade A as a Winger, Center and Defenseman, now just got to do it with goalie which is my worst position. My pads are awesome, though :shifty:

Funnily enough I also got the achievement for unlocking my Legend EASHL card even though I never got my grade up to A. I got it to A offline, went into Performance Tracker and it unlocked my legend card and achievement even though my online grade is something like B-.

Edited by dwsnuk

With about 24 games left in my fourth or fifth season as Toronto in Dynasty, we're finally holding onto the #1 spot in the Eastern Conference.

Mikhail Grabovski is leading the way with 35 goals, and he was joined at the all-star game by Jay Bouwmeester and starting goalie Mike Smith. Smith was supposed to be a stop-gap measure while Pogge continues to get better... but with an appearance at the all-star game, I think I might re-sign him come the off-season.

Okay so I just bought a PS3 and was out shopping and found that NHL 2K9 costs 20 bucks at Walmart in Toronto, while the NHL 09 costs what about 60-70 bucks? Just wondering if it is worth spending more money for the EA brand. Overall after months now, I am just wondering what the general consensus is between the two games

If you're getting it now, I would definitely suggest NHL2k9 if you're buying brand new. $20 now to hold you over until September when NHL 10 comes out.

If you can get it used for $20-$30 though, I would definitely get NHL 09.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone wanna get a EASHL goin? I think I'm on CAMTA, I've just never joined you guys for a game... Or is there a way to use my guy and play with random people?

I'm sick of getting jerked around... Having my slowest year so far but got off to a hot start nonetheless, finally got called to the top line with Getzlaf (93) and Perry (90)... we lit it up, yet after five games I was sent back down to the second line. So that's what scoring 23 points in 11 games gets you...

There is a way to play with random people because there's an achievement for it but I've never done it. We still play EASHL every few days. At the moment it's me, one of my friends not on here, Dragsy and Mr. X who have been playing the most, you're welcome to join us.

I'd like to get IAceI and Whisper back playing too. Dragsy in goal, Mr. X & Ace/Kurt in defence and me, Whisper and Kurt/Ace in attack would be awesome. No CPU suckage, a decent goalie, good defence and potent attack.

Well I'm on the roster so shoot me a friend request and just get at me when you guys are starting a game, cool?

I'm gonna experiment now with a friend of mine but yea let me know.

mkonnick is my gamertag I left the club to try and see if this works.

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy

• 1 month later...

The computer AI is retarded though. Even with the defenders in a good position, they'll skate backwards and then just inexplicably stop a few yards in front of the net, allow the pass through and the goalie does some random save attempt that doesn't come anywhere close.

I would say 8 out of 10 teams you play on EASHL will try at least one glitch/exploit. Usually it's the one timer. I try and hold off on them unless they're being done to us but by that time they're probably already two up and it's hard to bring it back.

You do, however, come across some good teams. We played some Scandinavian (they're usually the worst for exploits to be honest) guys a few weeks ago and after a glitchless contest they sent us messages saying great game and they were happy to play people who didn't do all the exploits which was cool. I don't think we've played them again since even though we all preferred them, we keep getting paired up with guys we've already given negative feedback to.

Edited by AD