NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously we'd throw together a little draft for teams.

Me, AD, Whisper so far.

I assume we can add Dragsy, Toe and Slogger too

Could Ace and Mr. X join in to bring us up to a nice even 8?

Lets wait and see.

Edited by Wing Commander Maxx

Alright this is starting to annoy me: how the fuck do you perform one timers during dynasty mode? It seems like sometimes the AI just takes the shot automatically. Last time I had Antropov make a nice pass to Nathan Horton near the slot and Horton automatically slapped a one timer in over Legace's head. I don't remember pushing anything...but maybe I did?

This fucking skill stick bullshit is starting to piss me off. :angry:

I'm up for the tournament, and I will be happy with any team as long as we don't include Japan, Britian, France and those other teams that are just awful.

Despite the ratings, I consider Canada to be even with Sweden, Russia, USA and the Czechs. And the rest are pretty good too. Just randomly assign teams with a random number generator and I'll be happy.

And if we call dibs, I call dibs on Russia.

I'll randomly draw names and that'll be the draft order and you can pick whatever team you want when its your turn. That way if someone wants to be bold and try team UK, they can.

I'm interested for the tournament. Obviously with a bit of a British contingent I'm assuming the times won't be ridiculous for us but I'll do my best to do what I can, when I can.

Teams wise I'm not too fussed, if we can get it off without a hitch and complete it then the second one will probably be much better should there be one if we can work a way around it.

Obviously there's some good teams out there so Canada vs. Russia wouldn't be too bad. But a USA vs. UK may be pretty lopsided in one way.

Would it be straight knock out? Groups? etc. Either way I'm interested and not too fussed about the teams and stuff as I intend on taking Latvia to be honest. Just whatever works.

What does vision control actually do? I assumed it stopped the camera doing the godawful swivel-around-you bullshit.

I believe it's supposed to square you up to the net and make passing more accurate, possibly strafes as well.

Also, I'd recommend a round robin, so the shit teams don't get boned by the good teams and have no chance of advancing.