NHL 2K9 / NHL 09

Toe

FakeAce: bad passing and penalties drop your team play. Poke checks/stick lifts and blocked shots I find are really good for it.

Anyone playing goalie BAP - are you finding yourself victim to a 1 in 6 goals thing? I find that no matter how well i'm playing, no matter where the shots are coming from, I ALWAYS allow 1 goal in six shots. One time it took them nine shots to score on me, but I allowed the second goal on my 12th shot, sure as night turns to day! This is SO. FRUSTRATING.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, Fake Ace. Despite me being here since like EWB II and he turned up last week or whatever. But okay.

And yeah, I rarely take penalties. And usually get a few stick lifts in, but the players are so inept no one can come and take it. So it's not really a takeaway. I don't have too many giveaways, so nothing there seems to add up to why I constantly get D's and C's.

Can someone tell me how to do the split-legged save? I know how to stack the pads, and do the lying-facedown-on-the-ice save, but I can't do the splits at will...is it a button press, or is it based on the location of you relative to the puck?

Edited by Plubby

Can someone tell me how to do the split-legged save? I know how to stack the pads, and do the lying-facedown-on-the-ice save, but I can't do the splits at will...is it a button press, or is it based on the location of you relative to the puck?

I don't even know how to do the ones you listed >_>

I finally moved up to pro mode. (I usually play all games on easy) I love the challenge I get. (don't shun me for being so much worse than you guys)

BTW, anybody else get this proble,? I try to go into EASHL and it tells me an Xbox Live Membership prevents me from using this feature. That makes no sense. I have Gold live, registered on EAwhatever.com, did all that stuff and it still won't let me.

Edited by Toasterovenmakingtoast

On the 360 you press both the right bumper and left bumper in unison, so whatever the PS3 equivalent of that is.

Dragsy, to stack the pads you just press right bumper or left bumper.

Come on, people.

That's not correct, Will. Pressing both desperation save buttons at the same time is the "lying-facedown-on-the-ice" save. It is referred to as the "spread-eagled save" which SOUNDS right - but it isnt what I described.