WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Yes, yes and more yes.

And Pris, if your opponent has NO health in his meter, then you barely have to tap the buttons at all to get them to tap out it'll be almost instant, at least in my experience.

Amazing game; after I got used to the control and fiddled with the knobs to make the matches last longer, I find every match a treat now. Making everything flow through the timed-events seemed like a bad idea at first but it's a way to pull off seamless reversalfests and if you mess up once you're not fucked FOR SURE.

Just a fun game all around.

I actually CARE about matches on this game too, unlike SD! Example: Was HBK in a rumble, and the computer had me enter at five (9/10 times it has you enter in the first 6), and lasted until the 24th guy was entering, I was GUTTED when I was just thown out.

Then I took over as Flair, and made them all pay.

Edited by timmidian

I put it on hard and I think it's a fair match like that for me at the moment, with damage turned down a bit. In most cases we both get down there in health (let's face it, it's hard not to) and the computer doesn't ALWAYS go for cheap pins. As in, when you're down in health it's almost a guaranteed win but they don't ALWAYS go for it, they'll usually wait for a big move first.. I appreciate that at least.

Last night I had an amazing Flair\Anderson vs. Bret\Bulldog match at Wrestlemania 9 that lasted about 20 minutes; Bulldog eliminated, Arn eliminated and then a 10 minute reversal\spotfest with Bret before I finally put him away.

Sounds a bit like an epic match I had with Flair and Arn vs. LOD. The game decided that LOD were going to kick out of everything, ever. Of course, with the match going on so long, Flair and Arn's health got slowly chipped away until all four of us had shit all health and it created a "next big move wins" situation. Was tense, managed to make one of LOD tap to the Figure-four. That went about 15/20 mins too, and I enjoyed every minute.

From what everyone says this game sounds like it creates a hell of alot of epic matches. Really looking forward to picking this up now due to the fact that a moajority of the wrestlers are from my favourite era in wrestling. Will definately have to have a few Horsemen/Road Warriors matches. So it's definately worth getting then?

Ok will have to borrow a copy of SVR 2009 when I get this then. Caws.ws has some pretty good caws I'll end up making so can have some classic WCW guys in there and maybe create the full Horsemen.

I got a free 360 with a TV the other day, so this was the first one I picked up.

Absolutely love every bit of it; I dunno whether it is just because of the wrestlers on it, or the fact it is so much more playable than SvR (probably both) but I've been hitting it up for hours.

Have so far made Razor, Vader and one awesome Savage CAL I found at Legends Kingdom - I love that they've put in heaps of costumes from older guys. I haven't quite got the hang of kicking out of pinfalls or reversing, but that'll (hopefully) come with time.

So far my best match was a showdown between Savage and King Kong Bundy. Hit Bundy with Wham Bam Thank Ya Mam, but he just kicked out and then gutted me with a finisher. :(

My god, I just had an awesomely stiff match. CM Punk/Jimmy Snuka. Match starts out completely even until I finally manage to get the G.T.S, busting Snuka open and go for the pinfall... but Snuka kicks out! I hit the Urange, then go for the Anaconda Vice but Snuka refuses to tap. Snuka hits me with some kind of punch that busts me open. Snuka hits the Snuka Splash but Punk just kicks out by the skin of his teeth. Snuka goes for some kind of big move, I reverse and finally hit another G.T.S for the finish.

Also fuck me, the Relive gets a lot harder as you progress. Took me 3 tries to get everything I needed for the Hart/Austin match and the Michaels/Austin match, I still can't get done. I had it almost finished yesterday, but I refused to end the match on anything less than a Stunner, which proved to be my undoing as I finally got everything done, fucked up the Stunner, Michaels hit the SCM for the pinfall. Lame.

I just finished the Austin/Michaels on Rewrite and it took a while, but I finally got it done. Easily blocked the SCM both times and made sure to taunt enough to keep my health up, just incase. Fucked up the Stunner sequence twice, though I finally hit it (after the second SCM) for the picture perfect ending.

All that's left for Relive is Austin/Rock, which I'm guessing isn't going to be as easy as it is on the demo. Redefine has Yokozuna/Hart inside the steel cage which should be fun and the Undertaker/Bundy match. All that's left on Rewrite is Rude/Warrior, Hart/Yokozuna and Michaels/Hart, but I'm not so worried about those because it seems like all of the objectives are just "Strong Grapple". I have to say, the unlockables are all a bit tame. Nice to see some vids though, watching DiBiase/Beefcake atm.

I've done one tier of Legend Killer, but I'll probally wait until I've created Vader to do the rest. Anyone else hoping we get some kind of sequel game? Maybe take the next one up to WMX8 and add some of the matches from earlier PPV's that got left off of this game, throw in a few more Legends and maybe think of some way to add matches from like... Starrcade? I don't know. Buy out the Legends of Wrestling series and steal the name? :P

Edited by The UnderTKzer

So I create a Psycho Sid and after 4-5 dodgy starts on Legend Killer I manage to get through all 10 Legends in one go, despite having a quarter health since the 4th guy! I remember seeing there was an achievement for doing it in under 30 mins but forgot about that, and wasn't really in a rush to get through them. My time for beating 10 guys?? 30 mins 18 secs!!!! Grrrrrr!!!