Metallica: "Why hasn't anyone dethroned us yet?"

Benji

Nickelback always get too much stick than they deserve. Sure some of their songs sound the same, the ones that are released as singles, but one of them worked, so they'll obviously gonna release a similar song again. First "How You Remind Me" which was, and still is great, then "Someday" which wasn't has good, then "Photograph", which I'm not entirely fussed about myself.

People would complain if they started playing some death metal "OH NOES, THEYS NOT METAL, THEYS BE RUINING METALS IMAGE!", so they're obviously not gonna change, and it works for them. I don't think what works for them is that they could potentially be liked be the "not-cool" generation, ie. your mother etc. when trying to say they like rock music.

And look at it when Metallica changed they're sound with Load/Reload, Metallica marks sare still crying about it. To be frank, the only full Metallica album I have is Reload, but I've got a collection of other songs from their prior albums too, but I don't see the change as anything positive or negative. It was them trying something out, and I personally think it works. It's not they changed drastically either, it was familiar, yet different.

Plus, you can either take Nickelback, or the even more watered down shit like Theory of a Deadman and 3 Doors Down or Breaking 'bland' Benjamin.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, you can either take Nickelback, or the even more watered down shit like Theory of a Deadman and 3 Doors Down or Breaking 'bland' Benjamin.

If these are my choices for where to get rock music nowadays, I'd rather jam a butter knife in my ears until the sound goes away.

I'd take generic american alt rock over british alt rock right now any day of the week.

So in your minds eye, who is against who in those categories? What bands would you take over what bands?

EDIT: Just so I know what you are saying when you say that, and so I hopefully don't have to frown and dissaprove your choices :shifty:

Edited by rvdwannabe