FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill button. Riiiiight.

Nah, I'm sure it will be. You'll have to join the next FIFA Tournament we have.

EDIT: And TCO, it has something to do with the FK you scored against me last time, nothing personal. I always concede Free Kick's, and everyone's excuse is "it's my first one..." - Everyone must be scoring their first against me then. Bluebirds' goal in the first leg semi was a hammered FK. :/

Edited by Badd-ugh

I said it was my 2nd and it really was my 2nd. I've been banging them in now though, at least 1 in 3. I've found the knack. I think I scored one against rvdwannabe recently too.

I hope I meet you in the final too, because I know I won't be able to beat Bluebirds again. I got battered for 90mins in our 2nd game, yet still got a draw.

I said it was my 2nd and it really was my 2nd. I've been banging them in now though, at least 1 in 3. I've found the knack. I think I scored one against rvdwannabe recently too.

I hope I meet you in the final too, because I know I won't be able to beat Bluebirds again. I got battered for 90mins in our 2nd game, yet still got a draw.

My argument is exactly that. There is a knack and once mastered, it's hard to stop them, which is annoying. That's why whenever I concede a free-kick, I want to stab someone.

Leicester 2 (5-3 AET) 2 Leeds

AJ - MrImpact

78 - Beckford (LDS)

80 - Howard (LEI)

84 - Beckford (LDS)

90 - Howard (LEI)

102 - Showunmi (LDS)

103 - Campbell (LEI)

105 - Howard (LEI)

118 - Howard (LEI)

Look at those goal times, epic to say the least. Once you get used to the snail pace it can be quite fun in League 1. It is at first infuriating when players have to have at least one touch before they can even do anything with the ball. Apparently one-touch passing does not exist in the lower leagues.

Yeah. No it was a pretty good game just a shame that my boys seemed to jst give up in the end. I think my main reason for loosing online is unresponsiveness from the players due to slow connection(on my oppositions behalf me thinks <_< ). It's good to play you guys as I feel like I'm playing a fair and enjoyable game. Like I keep saying anyone on here ever wants a game I'm quite happy to play them.

Edited by Mr.iMPACT!

Yeah. No it was a pretty good game just a shame that my boys seemed to jst give up in the end. I think my main reason for loosing online is unresponsiveness from the players due to slow connection(on my oppositions behalf me thinks <_< ). It's good to play you guys as I feel like I'm playing a fair and enjoyable game. Like I keep saying anyone on here ever wants a game I'm quite happy to play them.

Playing online always makes me think that little bit quicker about what I'm going to do next. That normally compensates for the slight unresponsiveness. Playing with smaller teams online doesn't help this though, as fun as it is.

Leicester 2 (5-3 AET) 2 Leeds

AJ - MrImpact

78 - Beckford (LDS)

80 - Howard (LEI)

84 - Beckford (LDS)

90 - Howard (LEI)

102 - Showunmi (LDS)

103 - Campbell (LEI)

105 - Howard (LEI)

118 - Howard (LEI)

Look at those goal times, epic to say the least. Once you get used to the snail pace it can be quite fun in League 1. It is at first infuriating when players have to have at least one touch before they can even do anything with the ball. Apparently one-touch passing does not exist in the lower leagues.

Beckford is a beast in league one though. I am now in first year Premiership with Leeds and everyone is gone from the first year (starting eleven I mean then) except Beckford. He's still in the starting eleven because he's extremely fast. Also, I still have Showumni because he's just a big black guy who can basically walk past anyone by just using his body and he has a mean acceleration sometimes too.

Y'know what I hate?

Playing people online who are CLEARLY really good at the game, yet still try to cheat with stuff like shooting from the kick-off to gain an advantage.

It's annoying when you think you've found a genuinely good opponent, but then find out their intention is to just cheat given the opportunity. The guy in question beat me 1-0 earlier (and shot from halfway at kick-off in the 2nd half) but because he did that, I have no doubt that if I was ahead late on, he would've just disconnected his internet on me to try and make the game void.

Yeah, this is just in ranked matches. I can only imagine how bad the cheating is in the Interactive World Cup something or other with those leaderboards. I've read the FIFA forums many times where people have complained that the person sitting at the top had been cheating by doing the above, getting others to lose to him purposely etc.

This isn't Italy. Fixing matches isn't allowed. ¬_¬

It's within the rules of the game to shoot from kick-off, of course it is. But when it's a known glitch in the game and many of your opponents try to exploit that glitch, you know they're doing it to score cheap goals.

Something I have noticed that always goes in is if you are a player with high technique(Ronaldinho,Rooney are the ones I have done it with) you do the trick where you jump with the ball then shoot with decent power and the ball will 9 times out of 10 dip straight over the goalkeeper. When I first did it I went insane but then realized it's more exploiting the game then a one off piece of magic.

Also if anyone could help I have just started manager mode with Leeds(The big black guy is great at making chances but can't hit the net at all!) and I am struggling to sign anyone. My transfer budget is One Million pounds and all I have signed so far is a 35 year old Portugese midfielder. So if anyone could suggest some signings that would be great.

God people are so bleeding Annoying online. Man united vs Aston Villa me as Villa. steady first half fairly even until i went ahead 1-0 then got to 2-1 in the second half. at 88th minute I went through on goal guranteed to score so he hacks me out. I miss the freekick and then his internet conection "cut out". :angry: I'm now in need of a good fair game so anyone want one?