FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first gold manager the other day, won Harry Redknapp in an auction but his contract's running out now and I don't have any staff contract cards so I'm bidding on David Moyes who will give me a chemistry boost because his preferred formation is 4-4-2.

I've got a few gold players in my team now. Gary Neville has taken over captaincy at right back and Majstorovic has been phenomenal at centre back. I've also got Arjen Robben and Ryan Babel but since they both play the same position and well, Babel plays LW rather than LM so it damages my chemistry, I may put Babel up for bidding.

I'm up for Club games. If we're using the old EWB group then I need re-inviting. If we're making a new one though... I also need inviting >_> Plus made a manager so I can invite others too.

Up for a game or two this weekend or maybe late on one night this week.

• Admin

So, was playing an online tournament in UT last night, and came across a guy who's clearly been paying for packs.

No problem, beat them all the time.

Kick-off - and he activates 4 gameplays cards.

ALL OF THEM ARE REDUCE POSITIONING ON MY DEFENCE.

For the rest of the game, my defence play like a Sunday league team whilst he's playing through balls for Benzema, Henry & Eto'o to sprint onto.

Needless to say, I lost.

On the plus side, I have traded my way to my first complete page in the collection - Blackburn Rovers, earning me a trophy and 5,000 bonus coins.

Nice. I didn't realise how big the collection book is, it's going to take a while to fully fill it. I'm yet to get any Spurs players though I did have Harry Redknapp for a few games after I won an auction.

At the moment I have Gordon Strachan as manager but I think his contract is expiring or expired with the last game, I never seem to get staff contract cards anymore. I got some nice coins for sending Ryan Babel and Marcell Jansen to my collection, though, they didn't fit my formation so it dragged my chemistry down a bit and they weren't that much better than the other players I have at those positions.

So now my team looks like this:

GK Robert Green - Gold

RB Javi Venta - Gold

CB Daniel Majstorović - Gold

CB Zoumana Camara - Silver

LB Markus Schuler - Silver

RM Christophe Landrin - Silver

CM Adam Dawson - Silver (Created player)

CM Valery Mezague - Silver

LM - Arjen Robben - Gold

ST - Jeremie Aliadiere - Gold

ST - Ivan Klasnic - Silver

Gary Neville's on my bench, I may have reduced him to silver with a team training card :shifty:

Oh, and I now have Lazio's logo, Flamengo's home kit and Sivasspor's away kit. The kits I won in auctions and the logo I got with a gold pack.

Has anyone else had a free pack of cards in one of their packs? I bought a bronze pack yesterday and there was a card for a free bronze pack. I hope I come across some free gold packs soon :P

Edited by AD

• Admin

My team now is:

Manager - Walter Smith (changed to a 4-4-2 with a card)

GK - Paul Robinson

LB - Stephen Warnock

CB - Matt Kilgallon

CB - Anton Ferdinand

RB - Justin Hoyte

LM - Ryan Giggs

CM - David Dunn

CM - Scott Parker

RM - Emmanuel Eboue

ST - Michael Owen

ST - Me, Club Captain

With 9 English players, and everyone in their correct position, alongside a manager with the same formation, I now have a chemistry rating of 87 (H)

Blimey, you must do pretty well with that. Highest chemistry I can get at the moment is 55 and that's with me, some Leicester centre back, Gary Neville and Robert Green giving the defence a nationality boost. I have all sorts of nationalities in my midfield and up front so it's difficult to get better chemistry than what you get for playing people in the right position and preferred formation stuff.

Yeah, I changed my online ticker settings to not show them but it still does :/

Has anyone ever played in the snow before? I'm playing the Central Europe club tournament on Ultimate Team against Toulouse and it's snowing. I didn't even know snow was an option in the game. I took some screenshots and uploaded them to EA Sports World but they're not great quality. You can tell it's snowing though.

Edited by AD

It would be cool to have some frost or a bit of snow on the ground.

I got the achievement for having 11 gold players earlier. Mine are CF Totti, CF Quagliarella, ST Aliadiere, RW Palacio, CM De La Red, LM Robben, CB Majstorovic, CB Puyol, RB Zambrotta, RB Javi Venta and GK Green. Still could do with some of the same nationality to boost my chemistry, though. I also got some contract cards in my last gold pack (along with a card for 1000 free coins :D) but I'm trying to get a manager before I use them so I can extend them even more.

I always check my cards after a match, I usually switch the line-up around after a few games as well to keep everyone fit. I've only lost one player due to contract expiry and it was the same situation as you, heading into an online match so I wasn't aware and that was Carlos Morales who was my best player at the time. I quickly went and spent 600 coins to re-acquire him in an auction. Worth it.