FIFA 09

alldaws1

I was just about to complain about that. I'm at Leeds, now in the championship (they have the same team as last season :wacko: ), we're playing Wolves, by far a better team, my objectives: Score a hatrick (I'm a winger but they play me in centre mid), win by 5 goals, achieve a rating of 9.0. :facepalm:

Also why the fuck has FIFA given me a 19 GS point achievement? And how do I get this 1 point to bring me back to a round number?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone explain the whole Ultimate Team thing to me....

You get given a starter pack full of lower league players to make your team. You play games earning coins for things like goals scored, corners won, difficulty etc. You spend these coins on further packs (bronze, silver and gold containing better players and cards) or on auctions on the trading section. You can also earn coins by putting cards in your collection.

Your team chemistry decides how well your team plays together. This is dependent on how many players prefer your formation, whether their nationalities match and if they are playing in the correct position as well as your manager's preferences.

That's as 'in a nutshell' as I can get it. Try the demo, if you're not addicted after that then you just don't like FIFA :P

That's as 'in a nutshell' as I can get it. Try the demo, if you're not addicted after that then you just don't like FIFA :P

I love FIFA, I tried the demo and thought it was shit and entirely unnecessary.

Am I right in thinking you have to pay for it? (beyond the 5 game demo that is). Seems a bit much.

Alright, Oscar. Back in your bin. :P

If any of you are starting an UT I can let you have any of these for cheap-ish. I don't need them and the only trading going on on the EA forums are for 99 rated players.

85 - CB - J. TERRY (ENG) Chelsea - 451 - Contract: 12

81 - LWB - G. CLICHY (FRA) Arsenal - 5212 - Contract: 10

82 - LWB - A. COLE (ENG) Chelsea - 5212 - Contract: 10

79 - CB J. - CARRAGHER (ENG) Liverpool - 4411 - Contract: 9

85 - CDM - E. CAMBIASSO (ARG) Inter Milan - 41212 - Contract: 9

85 - CB - I. CORDOBA (COL) Inter Milan - 41212 - Contract - 6

84 - LWB - MAXWELL (BRA) Inter Milan - 5212 - Contract: 5

Just needed to bump this to tell you all that David Beckham is now on Ultimate Team along with another couple of new players in the Italian league (not sure who they are though).

He's causing a bit of a frenzy at the minute and people are paying daft prices for him. I somehow snapped one up for 1.3k on trade and I sold him minutes later at a Buy It Now price of 49,950! Best bit of business I'll EVER pull off. Chuffed with that.

I lost both (well my frist two Fifa09 games overall) but UT is loads of fun, just bought it.

My first match was against a Team with 4 1/2 stars, i almost manage to hold him to a draw (he scored once but it was disalowed since it fouled him, he missed the penalty)... i guss there are a lot of easy to beat players once you know the core game?

It depends how well you know football and how you take to the game. I've beaten guys who've played over a 1000 games online rather easliy, while I often struggle against relative noobs. You could also win rather easily if you're a cheating bastard and use Man United and play seven at the back, but that's your choice to make.

Edited by The Cool One

Yeah I imagine with skilled players you can predict what they're going to try and do, whereas noobs are just crazy.

Michael Carrick :wub:

^ My first UT game on Legendary difficulty. Picked a nice easy opponent to start with. <_< I'm loving Carrick and Barry in midfield. Both excellent shooters, strong defensively, run the game in midfield and Carrick inparticular is wicked at getting his head on the end of corners.

Question.

I don't know if this is possible, but say if I were to get Darron Gibson and added him to the collection to finish it off and had no more spots left, then I got Wayne Rooney, could I replace Gibson with Rooney in the collection, or would I be stuck with him?

Edit: Oh and if I add Ronaldinho to the collection, is there a chance that I could get him again in another pack?

Edited by Fudge

From an IGN preview of FIFA 10:

Most of the changes have been reserved for the Manager Mode, which has undergone such an overhaul that it's almost a new feature in its own right. 50 improvements have been made, making what felt like an afterthought in previous iterations is now the most comprehensive part of the single player game.

Transfer logic has been heavily improved - no longer will star players be found making bizarre decisions to leave big clubs, with decisions now made using a combination of both club and player prestige - subsequently, the transfer market will be a much more believable place.

It sounds promising already. Also, 360 degree dribbling has been added.

360 degree dribbling makes its debut to the series, freeing players from the confines of eight way control. On paper it might seem like a small adjustment, but on pitch it lends the action a whole world of added fluidity, making past FIFA games feel incredibly rigid. Returning to FIFA 09 for a quick game after the press event felt like a genuine step back – which is not an indictment on last year's game, rather a commendation of how effective the new feature is.

09 feels rigid compared to this new system? Awesome.