FIFA 09

alldaws1

Sigh. Just got knocked out a BRONZE UT tournament on pens by a maxed italian side and the user was shite (shooting from kickoff and all that carry on). I came from behind 3 times and scored an absolute belter of a freekick with Carrick in the second half of extra time. Saved the first pen too but he got two of mine. His fourth one just squirmed under my keeper. I thought I had saved it at first, gutted.

Can't believe how much the morale takes a beating when you lose. Don't think I'm ever gonna get 100% trophies on FIFA considering how much these last two rely on you having to play these morons online.

Had fun earlier kicking ass and taking names 2v2 with The Cool One though. I think we're still undefeated, are we not?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had fun earlier kicking ass and taking names 2v2 with The Cool One though. I think we're still undefeated, are we not?

As far as I can remember yes. It's stupid that so many people still use Man Utd and Barcelona in those games though. They're unranked and there is no record kept of them at all. But we did completely show them all up with Bayern though.

So after not playing FIFA for quite a while I got back on it today and found both Tottenham kits in the trading system to complete my first 11-player team page. They cost me 1,000 coins each but the 5,000 coin reward and achievement certainly make up for it. Now I think I'll try and tackle the online tournaments like AJ was talking about. I've won all gold offline tournaments but I don't think my team's good enough yet to be facing the teams of superstars you face online. My team's solid throughout, enough for 5 stars but there isn't a massive superstar at every position and with my defence probably being my weak point I think I'll try and improve it.. Maybe I shouldn't have sent Woodgate and King to my collection :shifty:

Edited by AD

Do people here actually play Manager Mode? I still find it very enjoyable, especially with my mate. We have a game with Leeds and we're in around 2014 or something with a beast of a team. I started a Man Utd game a while ago and I sold all the big names like Ronaldo and Rio and then bought a new young team:

GK: Fiorillo (can't remember which club)

DR: Rafael

DC: Subotic (from Dortmund)

DC: Evans

DL: Fabio

MR: Kakuta (from Chelsea)

MC: Pjanic (from Lyon)

MC: Anderson

ML: Tosic

FC: Welbeck

FC: Balotelli (from Inter)

On Legendary and I'm still easily first in the Premiership :shifty: Didn't really expect that but it's a fun thing to do.

Lol Tosic.

I think i might actualy do better with just brokering cards on Ultimate team (i don´t have much time right now and i already spend way to much on UFC)... selling two silver players easylee gives you enough money to at least buy a new silver pack wich gives you training, contracts and new players to sell. I might even be able to get my first gola pack tomorrow.

I still need to figure out how much the buy now price should be for wich player.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Am i the only one who goes online in UT with a 3* team only to be met with 5* uber teams every time?

I've taken to not going online and just playing club matches and offline tournys.

That's the problem with online. There doesn't seem to be a system to match you up with similar rated teams so quite often you come up against 5-star teams full of world class players.

I use gameplay cards from time to time but only if I'm playing a very good team or need a win when I'm fairly deep into a tournament, then I'm doing all I can to win.

There is a match-up system in place that EA implemented to make sure you face teams of a similar level. Trouble is if you have a low rated team there are no similar level teams!

I wouldn't worry too much if you're matched up with a 5* team. About 90% of the time they're absolutely shocking FIFA players trying to make up for it with roided teams. The trouble is they're almost always complete prats as well. Using gameplay cards and glitches constantly.

I never use gameplay cards but I do have a few in my arsenal just to counteract any reduction cards I might be assaulted with.

I'm still stinging from being beaten on penalties and I never realised how much of a hit your morale takes. I may just have to build a 99 team just to get myself through the tournaments. I only care about the trophies.

How does one go about getting the Fair Play trophy? I've gone about 7 games now without any cards and it still hasn't given it to me...

Surely it doesn't mean your team AND the AI not being booked for 5 games in a row, because if so that's gay. The AI put in at least 5 reckless tackles per match.

In other (trophy related) news, I've started up a MM as Adelaide United. I guess that's a 14 game season so I'll get it quite quickly. Got the buy/sell for 50m trophies before I started this one. Started a game as United and sold Ronaldo for as much as I needed to, quit, then started one as Barca, simmed til the window then bought Ibra. If MM didn't suck so much arse this year (seeing random AI results like Liverpool 2-5 West Brom on a weekly basis for example) I would've played to get those trophies properly.

Just got Beckham, Henry and Diego in a gold pack, as well as Newcastle home kit and Aston Villa Badge :D I did wonder just where 10000 points had come from though, guess ea did it as a favour for everyone who bought at the start and couldnt play because of the servers?

I wish I'd get a decent gold pack. I keep getting silver players and gold players who I've never heard of or aren't good enough to get into my team. Out of my starting 11 I think I've had three or four from packs, the rest I've bought on the trade system.

Well pissed off.

Scored a fucking incredible goal with Del Piero from around 50 yards out, keeper was pretty much on his line (2 yards off at most) pressed RB while shooting to do that sexy shot and it curled right in to the top corner from a fucking mile out, no one would've saved it... So then I go to upload it but wouldn't let me press Y to do so... so I unplugged the HBMI cable and stuck in the normal one so I could upload it to my computer via the capture card, but the mother fucking xbox restarted. Goal lost. Never going to to do it again. Fuck You.

<_< :@

I wish I'd get a decent gold pack. I keep getting silver players and gold players who I've never heard of or aren't good enough to get into my team. Out of my starting 11 I think I've had three or four from packs, the rest I've bought on the trade system.

I'm usually the same. I've bought about 5 gold packs I got two of my four gold players from silver packs. Got Guisseppe Rossi and Barzagli (I think) in gold packs, aswell as an Inter and scum Liverpool kit. Bull shit really. If I wanted Silver players I'd buy a silver pack. v_v

Edited by Fudge