FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What position do you guys play on BAP:Season Mode?

I started one as a striker and picked Sunderland (it being a localish big club). I'm really struggling to score goals. I've scored 1 in about 10 matches and 7 of those matches have been 0-0 draws. :mellow: In another 4 matches I've won penalties for my team but for some reason Prica takes them and he's missed 3 out of the 4 which is bloody frustrating.

The bonus experience targets are totally unrealistic too. Needing to score 3 goals for extra exp!?

I created myself as a Central Attacking Midfielder for Manchester United and worked my way into the team from reserves, I find it the best position to play as you can pick up most of the balls which are cleared by the opposition and then have a run while some of their players are out of position. I am United and England captain:)

Did you play your second string team? I always do in the cups if it's not Premiership opposition. Funnily enough I normally do better than with my first team.

As for BAP mode, yeah I play 5 minutes a half. I don't think I could take any more, I just find it a bit dull, relying on the AI to get the ball to me :/

I suppose I'll go back to playing Manager Mode.

Did you play your second string team? I always do in the cups if it's not Premiership opposition. Funnily enough I normally do better than with my first team.

Yeah, more like 3rd string aswell. Pretty much the same team fucked Reading 5-1 in the Carling Cup but this game was just awful.

By the way, what does everyone else play their Manager Mode games on?

When I start mine, it'll likely be 7 minutes a half on Legendary. Definitely Legendary, just not too sure of the time. I've only ever played a few games on my own against the AI on World Class and it seemed it wouldn't take me long to be winning pretty much every game.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that as good as Legendary can possibly be, the way they play always comes across as restricted. It's the same with PES.

Not to mention that playing offline, there's no real pressure on you to do well, but against real people, it becomes different, especially when they're on here/a close friend.

I play on Professional at the moment but should definitely be upping it really. Just don't bother out of laziness really.

I start a Season/Manager mode every time I get a new footy game and it normally lasts me til the next one is out. My last four were:

PES 5: Newcastle Utd

PES 6: Aston Villa

FIFA 08: Darlington (yay for lower leagues)

FIFA 09: Middlesbrough

I picked Boro cause they're local and I didn't fancy another trek through 4 divisions and you don't get much in the way of reward for doing it anyway.

I think at the end of this season I'm not going to renew my contract and see where I end up.

I've not really played much Be A Pro, like AJ said it's a bit boring waiting for the computer to get you the ball, and if you do call for a pass and they don't get it to you your rating drops. I much prefer Manager Mode.

Speaking of MM, I'm currently playing one with Spurs on World Class with 6 minute halves but I'm in January and top of the table by 11 points and only lost two games and they were to Arsenal and Man Utd. I think I'll turn it up to Legendary.

Why oh why does the EA server go down whenever I want to save a phenomenal replay

Just had a very eventful Tyne-Wear derby in the FA cup fourth round where all sorts of shit happened.

• Sunderland broke the deadlock with an own goal. You know when a defender tries to intercept the pass from one side of the goal to your other striker? He intercepted it, the shot was facing near the corner flag and it curled in.
  • In one of those diving in tackles to knock the ball out over the line I caught Cisse with Barton and took him out of the game.
  • For the rest of the match Barton ended up getting knocked down whenever he had the ball before getting injured by Richardson >_>
  • Gutierrez was running down the wing and was hacked down by Bardsley in a really mistimed tackle. Bardsley jumps over Gutierrez to get the ball, Gutierrez gets up straight after and after chasing him down I hack him down in another ridiculously mistimed tackle injuring Bardsley
  • In another tackle I managed to slide at an awkward angle into a Sunderland defender causing the ball to fly 30 yards into the air and past Craig Gordons gloves into the net.

It ended 2-0 but hey I'd easily buy the DVD of that >_>

My manager mode game as Darlo was pretty fun, took them from League Two to winning the Premiership on World Class mode. It's a bit unrealistic though, I had Defoe, Van Nistelrooy and Corluka in my team when I was in League One, seems as long as you can afford a player they'll have no problem joining you. But hey, I'm not complaining.

If anyone has the game on 360 and fancies playing online, my gamertag is discomartin. I'm shit, so you'll probably win. Quite enjoy the online though, especially playing with non-5 star teams like a lot of people seem to pick, had a cracking game as Darlo vs Dagenham which I managed to win. Then had a match as Darlo vs Barcelona which wasn't quite as successful. ¬_¬

Edited by Darloboy